Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › Resource Pages › cognomiitaliani website

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
cognomiitaliani website
Links to Useful Databases and Web Pages
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Resource Pages Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charliemis
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

I came across this website today ---- I couldn't find any of my surnames so far, but it might be of interest to the group:

www.cognomiitaliani.or...index.html

Researching: Corato, Provincia di Bari in Puglia e San Giorgio Albanese, Provincia di Cosenza in Calabria.
lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

Just went to that site, my mothers' surname is listed, Terranova or Terranouva. Problem is I cannot read Italian.

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

lotus45tiye wrote:
Just went to that site, my mothers' surname is listed, Terranova or Terranouva. Problem is I cannot read Italian.

What do you need to read/know?

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

I just had a look at the site, and while you can still check surnames, the 'warning' notice posted by the owner is telling of his inability to update his database for the last 17 days due to the service provided by his ADSL telephone company provider (WIND), who it seems are not providing him with a suitable or acceptable service in Italy.

>Expats in Italy<
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

lotus45tiye wrote:

Where were your Terranova's from? There are quite a few in Carini (PA)

stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

someone want to translate this?

TAIANO
TAIANI
TAJANI

Taiani è molto raro ed è specifico del salernitano, Tajani, assolutamente rarissimo, potrebbe essere anch'esso campano, Taiano, molto molto raro, è tipico del napoletano ed in parte del salernitano, dovrebbero derivare da nomi di località come Taiano nel teramano.
integrazioni proposte da Angelo Tajani
La famiglia Tajani è originaria di Vietri sul mare in provincia di Salerno. L'origine del cognome, secondo quanto è stato pubblicato da Domenico Tajani nel 1800, risalirebbe ad una tribù, Tayani o Tajani, che dimorava sulla riva orientale del Tigri, tra il piccolo e il grande fiume Zob. Non è da escludere, infatti, che i primi Tajani siano arrivati a Vietri sul mare nei primi anni del Decimo secolo con quei studiosi arabi reclutati da Federico II° per insegnare nella Scuola Medica Salernitana. Sta di fatto che tutti i discendenti di questa famiglia, dal 1400 ad oggi, si sono dedicate alle arti nobili: la produzione della ceramica, della carta e l'ingegneria. Pare, infatti, che un Mattheus Tajanus sia stato il direttore dei lavori del Duomo di Salerno, costruito nella seconda metà dell'anno Mille. La famiglia Tajani annovera Diego Tajani, già Procuratore generale prima a Napoli e poi a Palermo e poi ministro di grazia, giustizia e dei culti, in tre gabinetti presieduti da De Pretis.

Researching: DiLenge,Taiano,Lagonigro,Bertoli,Holick(Holick and every other way spelt), Rykowski, Hraba,Roman
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

stevenspringer"[u wrote:
someone want to translate this? [/u] (Please???)

TAIANO
TAIANI
TAJANI

Taiani è molto raro ed è specifico del salernitano, Tajani, assolutamente rarissimo, potrebbe essere anch'esso campano, Taiano, molto molto raro, è tipico del napoletano ed in parte del salernitano, dovrebbero derivare da nomi di località come Taiano nel teramano.
integrazioni proposte da Angelo Tajani

La famiglia Tajani è originaria di Vietri sul mare in provincia di Salerno. L'origine del cognome, secondo quanto è stato pubblicato da Domenico Tajani nel 1800, risalirebbe ad una tribù, Tayani o Tajani, che dimorava sulla riva orientale del Tigri, tra il piccolo e il grande fiume Zob. Non è da escludere, infatti, che i primi Tajani siano arrivati a Vietri sul mare nei primi anni del Decimo secolo con quei studiosi arabi reclutati da Federico II° per insegnare nella Scuola Medica Salernitana. Sta di fatto che tutti i discendenti di questa famiglia, dal 1400 ad oggi, si sono dedicate alle arti nobili: la produzione della ceramica, della carta e l'ingegneria. Pare, infatti, che un Mattheus Tajanus sia stato il direttore dei lavori del Duomo di Salerno, costruito nella seconda metà dell'anno Mille. La famiglia Tajani annovera Diego Tajani, già Procuratore generale prima a Napoli e poi a Palermo e poi ministro di grazia, giustizia e dei culti, in tre gabinetti presieduti da De Pretis.

Taiani is very rare and specific to the Salerno region, Tajani, exceptionally rare, could also be from Campania, Taiano, very very rare, an typical Neapolitan and in part from Salerno region, it should derive from the names of localities like Taiano in the Teramo region.
rider proposed by Angelo Tajani

The Tajani family originating in Vetri sul Mare in the province of Salerno. The origin of the surname, according to what has been published by Domenico Tajani in 1800, arises from a tribe Tayani o Tajani, that lived on the banks of the River Tigris in the east, between the little and large River Zob.
It cannot in fact be excluded that the first Tajani arrived in Vetri sul Mare in the first years of the tenth century with those scholarly arabs recruited from Frederick II° to teach in the Medica Salernitana School. It is a fact that all the descendants of this family, since 1400 to today, are dedicated to the noble arts: the production of ceramics, of paper and engineering. It seems, in fact, that a Mattheus Tajanus was the dirtctor of works on the Duomo ofSalerno, built in the second half of the year One Thousand. The Tajani family listed Diego Tajani, already the first Director General in Naples, then in Palermo and then Minister of Justice and Mercy and of the
worship, in three cabinets presided over by the De Pretis.

>Expats in Italy<
Aether
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

Re: Taiano, Taiani, Tahani.

Carole,

Would you permit me to go over this translation?

Aether

Aether

Account Deactivated
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

If you want to. Is it that bad? Go ahead! It's all yours...

>Expats in Italy<
Aether
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

Carole,

Not bad, just a few things. I am busy hosting bridge at home, and as soon as I can I will go over it. New Conventions!!!

Abbracci,

Aether

Aether

Account Deactivated
stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

[quote="Carole"]
stevenspringer"[u wrote:
someone want to translate this? [/u] (Please???)

[/color]

sorry hide thank you
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

Hang on before you thank me Steven - seems as if my translation isn't a good one... Sad

Hopefully you will get a 'proper' one from Aether shortly! giornale

>Expats in Italy<
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
Hang on before you thank me Steven - seems as if my translation isn't a good one... Sad

Hopefully you will get a 'proper' one from Aether shortly! giornale

I can't wait Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Aether
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

Carole,
With your kind permission I am herewith posting my translation of the Italian text.
Thank you,
Aether

Taiani is very rare and limited to the “salernitano”; Tajani is the rarest and could possibly be “campano”. Taiano which is extremely rare is typical of the “Napoletano” and partially of the “Salernitano”. It is probably derived from the names of places such as Taiano in the Teramano. The integration of the surnames* was proposed by Angelo Tajani.

The Tajani Family has its origins in Vetri sul Mare, in the Province of Salerno.

The origin of the surnames, as published in 1800 by Domenico Tajani, may be traced to a clan Tayani, or Tajani that lived on the east bank of the river Tigris, between the Upper and the Lower River Zab.

It cannot be dismissed that the original Tajani settled in Vetri sul Mare in the first years of the 10th Century arriving with those learned Arabs, recruited by Frederick II, to teach at the “Scuola Medica Salernitana”.**

It is well established that all the descendants of this family - from the 1400s to today - have devoted themselves to worthy activities: the manufacturing of ceramics and of paper, and engineering. It is accurately recorded that a Mattheus Tajanus was the building supervisor of the Duomo di Salerno, built in the second half of the year 1000.***
The Tajani Family includes Diego Tajani**** , a General Public Prosecutor, first in Naples, and later in Palermo. Afterward he was “Procuratore Generale della Corte d’Apello di Palermo” during the three terms under the Presidency of DePretis.*****

*Translator’s Note: The integration refers to the various dialectal forms of the surname Tajani. Thus, the Salernitano, Napoletano, Campano and Teramo are the various dialects that changed the spelling of the surname Tajani. The spelling of the names does not refer to the geographical location.

** Translator’s Note: The statement is historically incorrect. Frederick II,
Holy Roman Emperor lived from 1194 to 1250. His reconstruction
of the “Scuola Medica Salernitana” began in 1232.

***Translator’s Note: The actual date is 1080-1085).

**** Translator’s Note: Diego Tajani as the ex-Procuratore Generale della Corte d’Appello di Palermo (General Public Prosecutor of the Court of Appeal of Palermo), made the sensational revelation of the collusion between the Mafia and the police. This had serious political repercussions for the period. (Indro Montanelli in “L’Italia dei Notabili.)

***** See Indro Montanelli, L’Italia dei Notabili in regard to DePretis.

Aether

Account Deactivated
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: cognomiitaliani website Reply with quote

Aether wrote:

The Tajani Family includes Diego Tajani**** , a General Public Prosecutor, first in Naples, and later in Palermo. Afterward he was “Procuratore Generale della Corte d’Apello di Palermo” during the three terms under the Presidency of DePretis.

According to the original post from Stevenspringer, Diego Tajani was "ministro di grazia, giustizia e dei culti, in tre gabinetti presieduti da De Pretis." which I believe translates to "Minister of Justice and Mercy and of the worship, in three cabinets presided over by the De Pretis"
Razz Razz Razz

Page 1 of 3All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Resource Pages Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: