Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Merry Christmas in Italian?

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Merry Christmas in Italian?
For help with translating documents or writing letters.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Sorry Carole we posted a reply more or less at the same moment.

Ada
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

uantiti wrote:

Ada

No probs Ada... I still luv ya! kiss

(two translators are always better than one - right?)

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
uantiti wrote:

Ada

No probs Ada... I still luv ya! kiss

(two translators are always better than one - right?)

At this point you need a 3rd one to arbitrate...

Giorgio loves to lounge around in the sun!
Laura, prefers to spend the money!
Filippo is the only one that is doing something useful at home!

Disclaimer: I'm kidding, I don't mean to offend or be disrespectful to any one!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!!!

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Livio,
this is more than translation. This is interpretation! And I guess you got it right! You read between the lines. Unfortunately I use contact lens (blind as a bat)....

Ada
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Thanks to Carole and Ada, such nice folks....

The wine we drink is usually California's Rodney Strong or Kendle Jackson Merlot. In restaurants we prefer Chianti, usually the house stuff, cause it's the cheapest. In fact we're going out this morning to re-supply the wine bar for our Christmas Eve family party. Then it's over until 2009... Joe B.

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

JoeB,
I started making my own this year, both beer and wine. Apparently, I have done reasonably well as I get requests from friends all the time. The Chianti I made was an especial favorite. I give away almost all I make to family and friends. I'll be bottling Gewurztraminer in another week or so. Salute!

Scribbling
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

And Salute to you also Tom. I tried making my own wine years ago, not from the grape, but from the concentrated juice. I had the 5 gal bottles and the air locks. It actually looked pretty good. It tasted like cleaning solution however. No one ever asked me for seconds. They would usually smile and say, "got any beer?" JoeB

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

tjbrn wrote:
JoeB,
I started making my own this year, both beer and wine. Apparently, I have done reasonably well as I get requests from friends all the time. The Chianti I made was an especial favorite. I give away almost all I make to family and friends. I'll be bottling Gewurztraminer in another week or so. Salute!

Tom, is it easy to find the grape to make Chianti in US?

I love Chianti and I never tasted Gewurztraminer ...

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

When I was a child we made a family project out of making wine every year. We would go down to train station in a shady area of Chicago (I remember being scared there) and my dad would buy crates of grapes right off the train. He was very choosey… Then we ould bring the crates of grapes home and my brother and I would wash them and pull all the stems out and put them in buckets. When we were done we would dump the buckets of grapes into a huge tub. Then my brother and I would put plastic bags on our feet and stomp on the grapes. Of course I got kicked a lot by him. Rolling Eyes My dad would finish the project. The basement smelled horrible while the wine was fermenting. But the wine was really great!

tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Livio,
It is possible to get all sorts of grapes and/or concentrates, kits, etc. Here is a link to a winery near me that grows sangiovese grapes which are the principal grape in the blend to make Chianti www.raffaldini.com/ Technically, I suppose only wine from the Chianti region can be called Chianti. Chianti is blended and the grapes and the percentage of different varieties in the blend may vary from winery to winery. The wines I'm making are good quality wines; I wanted to gain a little more experience before I move up to the very expensive premium wines and turn out some inordinately priced vinegar Wink Of course, I wouldn't mind having a little Grappa for the cold mornings this winter Very Happy But I have no way to make that, at least at the moment. The Gewurztraminer I made is a dry white wine although most people are more familiar with a slightly sweet version of it, which is the type I am most familiar with. The next red I make might be a Pinot Noir or Zinfandel, the white probably a Chardonay. There are quite a number of wineries in this area of North Carolina where I live as the soil and growing conditions are surprisingly good.

Scribbling
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!!!

Hi all, tomorrow morning we take the plane and go to Trapani, Sicily, where to spend a week with family during Xmas time, I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I hope the birth of Jesus will make your dreams come true
Hugs to everyone
Riccardo kiss

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Riccardo! Have fun in Trapani! I will miss you. Send our wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to your beautiful wife Teresa too! kiss

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Riccardo, I checked out your Sicilian Genealogy site and I'm wondering if you could help me find the parents oh my wife's Grandfather. His name is Francesco Romano (sometimes Luigi) DeMaso. He was born in Nebbiu, Pieve di Cadore, Italy, 29 December 1866, Married Giuseppina Del Favero at Valle di Cadore, 22 January 1896. They both emigrated to Chicago in 1896. I have written the Commune di Pieve di Cadore with no results. I have found extensive data for Giuseppina Del Favero on Roberto Piccioli's website. His branch of the DeMaso line however ends with his birth at Nebbiu. I assume there is some charge associated with your effort. I only ask that you let me know of any costs prior to doing the research. Thank You, Joe B.

ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:
Riccardo, I checked out your Sicilian Genealogy site and I'm wondering if you could help me find the parents oh my wife's Grandfather. His name is Francesco Romano (sometimes Luigi) DeMaso. He was born in Nebbiu, Pieve di Cadore, Italy, 29 December 1866, Married Giuseppina Del Favero at Valle di Cadore, 22 January 1896. They both emigrated to Chicago in 1896. I have written the Commune di Pieve di Cadore with no results. I have found extensive data for Giuseppina Del Favero on Roberto Piccioli's website. His branch of the DeMaso line however ends with his birth at Nebbiu. I assume there is some charge associated with your effort. I only ask that you let me know of any costs prior to doing the research. Thank You, Joe B.

I sent u a pm
ciao Riccardo

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas in Italian? Reply with quote

Thank you Riccardo, have a nice time.

I take the opportunity to wish everybody a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year as I might not be around in the next days.

Ciao
Ada
  Page 5 of 6All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: