Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Help with translation

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Help with translation
For help with translating documents or writing letters.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Help with translation Reply with quote

I'm having difficulty with this document. It may connect members of ancestors that I have suspected ought to be connected. It would be great if this is a link which helps me make that connection.

img59.imageshack.us/im...g4911m.jpg

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Coming soon... Wink
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

You can understand italian, isn't it?
Si tratta della dichiarazione rilasciata (ad uso di matrimonio) dal Protonotario Apostolico (nonché parroco e canonico) della chiesa madre e parrocchiale di Monreale che attesta l'esistenza nel libro dei battesimi, in data 28 Aprile 1775, della registrazione della nascita di Girolamo, Giuseppe, Vincenzo Lascala, figlio di Giuseppe e Giuseppa [il cognome della madre non c'è]. I padrini furono Tommaso Turdo, figlio del fu Vincenzo e della vivente Anna, e la moglie Mattia Romano, figlia del fu Ignazio e della vivente Agnese.
L.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Thanks, Luca, your translation was a great help. I was hoping that the information contained in the document would provide further clues to ancestors; unfortunately, they are not related.

I do have two documents which appear to contain conflicting information. The first is a baptismal document and I don't know which date applies to the record.

img215.imageshack.us/i...g4875h.jpg

The second is presumably a death document which appears to bear a date of 1791. This doesn't seem to correspond with the facts on the baptismal document. If leonardo Licata died in 1791, it conflicts with the baptismal document. I'm confused javascript:emoticon('post',%20'message',%20':?')

img689.imageshack.us/i...4877ge.jpg Confused Confused

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

tjbrn wrote:
...I do have two documents which appear to contain conflicting information. The first is a baptismal document and I don't know which date applies to the record.

img215.imageshack.us/i...g4875h.jpg
Confused La cosa è un po' strana...
Giuseppe Licata nasce il 13 (o meglio, il 12) Dicembre 1787 e in data 8 Agosto 1807 viene redatto un primo documento (probabilmente a scopo di matrimonio) in cui si attesta la presenza della registrazione del battesimo di Giuseppe nel libro dei battezzati della parrocchia di San Biagio. Subito dopo compare un'altra data (sembra il 12 luglio 182(?)1) che dovrebbe essere quella in cui il sacerdote Ignazio Reitano dichiara di aver "estratto" queste informazioni dai documenti della curia di San Giuseppe (Jato?). La cosa strana è che questa data si trova in un punto del documento che confonde le idee e inoltre non si capisce che ruolo ha l'altro sacerdote che compare in fondo al documento (Giuseppe Laudato, anche se il cognome non è sicuro al 100%). Boh!!! Rolling Eyes
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

tjbrn wrote:
The second is presumably a death document which appears to bear a date of 1791. This doesn't seem to correspond with the facts on the baptismal document. If leonardo Licata died in 1791, it conflicts with the baptismal document. I'm confused javascript:emoticon('post',%20'message',%20':?')

img689.imageshack.us/i...4877ge.jpg Confused Confused

Leonardo La Licata era il padre di Giuseppe e morì effettivamente nel 1791 (4 anni dopo la nascita di Giuseppe). All'atto del matrimonio di Giuseppe (che è probabilmente avvenuto nel 1807) lo stesso deve presentare il certificato di morte del padre per dimostrare che non poteva ricevere il suo assenso al matrimonio in quanto, appunto, era già morto da vari anni.
L.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Thanks, Luca. Giuseppe Licata may have married around that 1807 but I don't have any documents to corroborate that--too early for the LDS records. I do have Giuseppe's death certificate - 1848

img132.imageshack.us/i...iusepp.jpg

And a marriage certificate in 1841

img156.imageshack.us/i...tegius.jpg

Aside from the confusion on the birth date many of the other facts seem to fall in order. I have the allegati for the marriage in 1841 and there is one document which refers to both bride and groom as having been previously married so it is possible.

img101.imageshack.us/i...g4883p.jpg

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Allora tutto fila: la data non è 12 luglio 1821 ma 1841 ed è il documento che attesta il battesimo di Giuseppe desunto, però, non direttamente dal registro dei battesimi ma dalla documentazione allegata al processetto relativo al primo matrimonio di Giuseppe stesso (quello celebrato nel 1807). Tra le carte del processetto del 1841 dovresti aver trovato anche il certificato che attesta la morte della prima moglie, o sbaglio?

L.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

I didn't see one Luca, but I'll check again on Tue when I go back to the Family History Center to review microfilm. You mentioned an 1821 date, I didn't understand what that referred to.

Scribbling
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Tom he put a question mark by it on his first translation because he couldn't read it clearly (I believe) and he later corrects the date to be 1841.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Thanks, Elizabeth, I overlooked the "not 1821 but 1841". I hope I can find a trace of the first wife but the allegati are not always as complete as I had hoped they would be.

Scribbling
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the allegati and processetti records too Tom.....missing information.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
Tom he put a question mark by it on his first translation because he couldn't read it clearly (I believe) and he later corrects the date to be 1841.
Wink
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Luca, your comment regarding Giuseppe's first wife prompted me to search through the documents I have collected. Since I photograph everything that might be relevant to my research, I may have photos of documents that I may not review whenever I make new discoveries. This death document appears to be for Giuseppe Licata's first wife although the age of the deceased which is listed can't be correct if the first marriage occurred in 1807.
img163.imageshack.us/i...attiaa.jpg

I also reviewed the allegati of 1841 and found the extract of the above document.

img33.imageshack.us/im...g4881c.jpg

It would help if I could find Mattia's birth or baptismal record. Sad

Scribbling
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with translation Reply with quote

Confused
Le soluzioni sono due:
1) Non è lo stesso Giuseppe Licata
2) Quella del 1841 non è la seconda moglie, ma la terza!!! Shocked

L.
  Page 1 of 3All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: