x
Toggle Content Register or Login  -  September 22, 2017, 1:47 pm
Toggle Content User Info
Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Dangat in Southern Italy on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:56:33

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Dangat in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:47:34

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:13:41

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Northern Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 01:30:23

Ambrogio Bianchi
Last post by debbiemfit in Central Italy on Jul 31, 2017 at 17:49:19

Gentile ,Mammola, Calabria
Last post by nuccia in Southern Italy on Jul 20, 2017 at 07:52:30

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

I have rec'd 10 pages of documents from Piazza Armerina today. I was looking for the family history regarding the Romano's and the Ristagno's.

I have come to find out from the paperwork that my great Grandfather Salvatore Filippo Romano was born in Aidone Sicilia.

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Hello, Michael Very Happy !

Congrats on the arrival of the documents. Looks like you'll need to add Aidone to your list of places you need to write for documents.

Tanti Auguri,
Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Any chance I could get a translation on this document??

Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

I have been able to decipher somewhat the birth Notices of my Great grandparents children.

The First Born was Filippa Romano Born 1885 Died 1886
Second born was another girl and was named Filippa Romano Born 1887 Died 03/27/1965. Was it normal to name the second born (if the same sex) the same as the first if they had passed?
Third born Lorenzo Romano B 02/02/1889Died 03/1955
Fourth Giuseppa Romano Born 05/13/1896 Died 03/31/1967
Fifth Another Giuseppa Romano Born 04/09/1902 Died 01/15/1977 ( this time though) the first with this name did not die. Was this a normal thing to, naming two living siblings the same name??

liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Romano1970 wrote:
Any chance I could get a translation on this document??
If you refer to the document attached to your previous post, it says

In answer to the letter dated Feb 11, 2010
List of the documents transmitted to Michael Romano etc.

6 Birth Extracts multi-languages
1 Marriage extract related to Salvatore Filippo Romano and Maria Filippa Ristagno

NB (Note) Salvatore Filippo Ristagno appears to be born in Aidone to parents residing there, therefore additional info may be obtained by the Aidone Comune.

La mia genealogia
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Wonderful news Michael Smile and I can tell you that my great grandmother was named Maria Teresa Zangari and her sisters were Maria Elisabetta and Maria Concetta but each went by their second names. My guess is that each of your Giuseppa's (or at least one of them) had a second name.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Thanks. I kinda had that Idea, but was not sure about it. If that is the case, do you think there is a reason that the gentleman did not put the other names on the certificates? Or maybe they were not on the notices at all?

Here is one of the two

Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Thanks. I kinda had that Idea, but was not sure about it. If that is the case, do you think there is a reason that the gentleman did not put the other names on the certificates? Or maybe they were not on the notices at all?

Here is one of the two

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

I don't know Michael maybe Livio, Luca or Ada can answer that for you. On my great grandmothers and her sisters birth acts both names for each was given.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Thats ok. I will get this figured out..... Very Happy

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
I don't know Michael maybe Livio, Luca or Ada can answer that for you. On my great grandmothers and her sisters birth acts both names for each was given.

Thank you Billie for trusting me but this is one of those things that although I'm Italian, are not easy to understand.
To me the officer who prepared those exctracts wrote only the first name and didn't take care of adding the second name as didn't know that this was the only way to distinguish the two daughters. This may happen when people just copy things and are somewhere else with their head. It's impossible that the two girls had the same name unless one died and the other sort of replaced her. But this is not the case as they both survived. The only thing that can be done is to write again and tell them that there are two girls with same name and different date of birth, so either they made a mistake in transcribing the names or there was a second (different) name.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

I would think this is the case as well however. I was not charged for this. Would it be impolite to ask for a "Redo" or to check this??

I am not fluent in Italian so I do not have the professionalism to compose a letter that would not offend. I will post the two notices so that you may look at them.

Maybe (Explorer) can compose an email for me to get the point accross without getting the gentlemen angered?

Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Here is the second of the two

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Hope you are not in a hurry. It's midnight here and I'm going to sleep.

BTW my name is Ada.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
Romano1970
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Aidone Sicilia. birthplace of Salvatore Filippo Romano Reply with quote

Hi Ada......not at all. When ever you come back onwe will talk.

Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: