Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › About Us › Aeillos of San Filli

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Aeillos of San Filli
Members introductions, surnames, websites and blogs
Go to page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

OK, I have 3 links for you from the LDS - all have a different purpose.
To search for information on Aiello's who may be connected to your family (or not) CLICK HERE
To order a paper copy of birth acts for your Luigi and Francesco Aiello CLICK HERE
The above form will require a microfilm number that you can obtain from the list of microfilms available for rental of San Fili records. You can see that list HERE

Nati means birth, morte means death and matrimonio means marriage. processetti, notificazioni, pubblicazioni and allegati are all marriage related documents.
If you need help ask. And please note we have a translation board here so when you get the documents you seek you can ask for a translation here.

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

tracer56 wrote:
Seeking additional info on my familia in San Fili. My GGF FRank Aeillo (b.28 August,1866 came to the USA on February 1886. His brother Louis (Luigi) b.4th September 1873 in Sanfili, came to USA 1 February 1897. Thier fathers name was Joseph. They sailed out of Naples. In searching for thier comune, I have found three Sanfili's. From family lore, i believe them to be from the Calibria region. Stories have indicated that the family name was misspelled on thier documents, and they were afraid to say anything, fearing they would be sent back. Frank spelled his name Aeillo, Louis spelled his Aello. Can anyone help me narrow down which Sanfili these men may have came from? I have spent four years getting this far, I hope not to stop now.
I went on the Cosenza archive to see if I could find anything for you. I am not sure if this is your family or not but I thought I would tell you some information i found that I thought was interesting.
Searching the name AJELLO I found a birth for Francesco Gioacchino Ajello born on December 31, 1863 son/daughter of Giuseppe Ajello, bracciale (laborer), 24 years and of Concetta Cesario, contadina (farmer), 26 years. Now I know the birthdate does not match, but often children were named after deceased siblings. I also found another Francesco born to Pietro Ajello and Michelina Cesario in 1871. Giuseppe and Pietro may have been brothers who may have married sisters. Again, this may not be your family I just found this interesting.
I also did a seach of Giuseppe Ajello from San Fili. (Keep in mind the archive is nowhere near finished so people are missing) I only found 2 Giuseppe's. One was born in 1871. The other is interesting:
Giuseppe Maria Ajello born on 17/11/1825
son/daughter of Gennaro Ajello, bracciale, 42 years and of Michelina Onofrio, filatrice, 34 years
His marriage information is:
Giuseppe Maria Ajello, sarto (tailor), 27 years son of Gennaro Ajello and of Michelina Onofrio married Concetta Gentile, 27 years daughter of Vincenzo Gentile and of Maria Teresa Mazzulla
married on 30/12/1852
Searching Giuseppe Aiello I found this:
Giuseppe Aiello born on 15/05/1839
son/daughter of Santo Aiello, forese, 25 years and of Palma Principe, 26 years
I find the tailor very interesting since my own Aiello's were tailors.

tracer56
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

Like you, I have no idea if they are related. The only facts I have to connect them to the area is just what I had found on thier naturalization papers. It is interesting about the marraige to sisters, because Frank and Louis both married sisters here as well. I have, somewhere in my notes, a ships manifest showing one of the times Louis went back to Italy. It too stated he had came from Sanfili. AT the time I was unsure it was "our" Louis. I hope to locate the document again later this week to see if I can gleen a bit more from it now. As far as I know we had no tailors in the family. Frank was a machinist and Louis was,as far as I know, a laborer. Franks son became one of the premier stone scuplters in the country. It is hard for me to express how much you help with this means to me. I am desperatly trying to get this family documented before they are all gone. None of the men in the family had sons that were able to carry the name forward. The only great grandson of Frank is now in his 50's with no son.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

Anything we can do to help now? Are you going to order those birth acts? Do you have any family stories regarding a saint or Blessed in your family? You may want to have a look at this from my website: Blessed Elena Aiello

tracer56
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

Yes I do hope to order them. I have found in the last few days that there is an LDS research center not far from here. I have three jobs, so days off are hard to come by. But on my next I hope to travel to the center to see what I can uncover. I will be back in touch. Thanks again for the links ,they have been helpfull.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

Keep in mind those microfilms have to be ordered and can take 2 weeks to 2 months to receive. Completing the order form will be much quicker. If you plan on finding the whole family though and tracing back further, the microfilm is the way to go.

jack182183
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

Hello-

I can't find much more information for you, but I found his birth:
Francesco Aiello b. August 29, 1865 in S. Fili. (This has to be yours considering the close dates). He was the son of Giuseppe Aiello and Teresa Cesario. Giuseppe (b. 1837) and Teresa (b. 1846).

I could not find a marriage record for them and the birth dates for the parents usually aren't accurate. The only Giuseppe Aiello born around that time was the one mentioned being born in 1839.

Now that you have the parents' names, I would try ordering a LDS microfilm for their marriage record, as this will give you their actual birthdates and parents' names.
tracer56
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

I appreciatte your efforts. I hope to order the film next Tuesday. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again, not only for this, but for all you do. You help make so many people happy.
tracer56
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Aeillos of San Filli Reply with quote

One additional note that lends credence to this being the right family is that Frank, in accord with tradtional Italian practices, named his first son Luigi (Louis) after his father Giuseppe Luigi. ALso Franks brother Louis named his first born girl Mary Teresa after his mother Teresa. The pieces are starting to come together.
  Page 2 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to: