Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Mar 12, 2017 at 21:49:52

Calabria Record
Last post by JoeBlack36 in Southern Italy on Mar 11, 2017 at 15:53:00

Cassivi from Ragusa
Last post by Italysearcher in Southern Italy on Feb 28, 2017 at 16:54:25

FONTANA-PENSA marriage between 1800 and 1814 in Como
Last post by denby in Northern Italy on Feb 27, 2017 at 00:00:12

Online Vital Records
Last post by debbiemfit in General Discussion Groups on Feb 26, 2017 at 21:15:51

Help finding city
Last post by Italysearcher in Southern Italy on Feb 05, 2017 at 11:10:06

Audino Birth Certificate - Benestare
Last post by drusilla in Where do I begin? on Jan 27, 2017 at 00:23:52

Genealogy for Barbera relatives
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Jan 19, 2017 at 06:34:28

Looking for photos of Relatives from Casignana
Last post by jimmybarber12 in Southern Italy on Jan 18, 2017 at 04:49:09

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Salerno archives

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Salerno archives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Salerno archives Reply with quote

I read in the IGG newsletter that like Benevento, Salerno's state archives are digitizing their lista di leva records. Does anyone know more about this?

lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

Yep, they sure are.

Received a listing of all the Rescigno men who registered for possible service (liste di leva) for the period 1846 through 1875. These were the years I was searching for. They were very pleasant in providing this information. This was already prepared and commented they would be going online with a great deal of the records sometime in the future.

In fact, the Salerno Archives has been great in finding information for me. This is not easy since most of the records I neede were prior to the 1840s. Not only do I not receive an extract but always a copy of whatever record.

I did a rather brazen thing a month or so ago. I asked for a listing of all deaths of Rescigno family members from 1809-1855. Guess what! They provided me with that list. And with that list I was able to locate additional family members as well as the death of my 3x great grandfather. I know this was not a usual request but the Archives has been great.

As many who know me know, I have inundated comunes and Archives with letters of request time and time again. I have written to comunes not being positive that my family really had lived there. At least now when I write they do not have to wonder what I am looking for since they are now familiar with my various request. Sometimes as far fetched as they may be. Just guessing can help. All they can say is no.

lilbees

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

The Vibo Valentia archives have done this as well. I know Tropea is on the archive. It is the same Portale della Storia degli Italiani site that has put the Province of Cosenza records online. The link is slightly different. The primary link for the whole archive is below:
Portale della Storia degli Italiani

Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

libees: Did they charge you for the information?

lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

I pay postage and copying. The last was 13 euros for 10 records. The least I have paid is 4.90 euros. I have no complaints. Their service is excellent.

For the amount of searches they have done for me with a minimal of information given to them is really appreciated.

With changes at the comune I have now been more successful as well. I use either Moneygram or Western Union and they pick up the money with the transaction number furnished to them. Moneygram is the cheaper of the two.

Getting the IRCs at the post office is almost impossible.

lilbees

Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

Cathy, do you have to join the archive to get a password or something? I typed in my ggm's name and got a page of hits so I would like to click on the hyperlinks to see if one of them could be her. There is a chance she was born in Briatico.

Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

Oh, I think I just figured out how to register! Duh, I clicked the link that said "to register" LOL. I should read more carefully!

lilbees
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

Just an F.Y.I.

I just received several old records from the Salerno Archives. Interestingly, they are copies from microfilm.

Now, I wish I could have received actual copies from the books but what I now have is great. The problem is, like when going to the FHC centers and working with film there, the copies are quite dark.

I have not really minded the problem until now. There are two documents that I would love to have "fixed" so that they are more readable. But, even with a photo program I have not figured out how or rather that the earlier records I had were not as important. These are!

At least the records show they are really working on digitizing the old books. I think it is wonderful.

lilbees

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

A cousin of my took a trip to Italy last month and stoped at the Salerno Archives to inquiry about our Terranova family. They advised that they would email her with any records they could find and she just received this message from them. Can anyone advise us as to what these records are? What do they mean by a Freshman. Thanks Carol

prot.. n. 1307/28.34.07(1.1) del 20.05.2011

Gent. Sig.Catherine Rowley,
dalla ricerca effettuata nei ruoli matricolari sono stati trovati i seguenti documenti:
- Ruolo matricolare di Luigi Terranova di Antonio e Margherita Mangieri, nato a Sant'Arsenio (Sa) il 19 novembre 1882;
dal documento risulta che partecipò alla guerra 1915-1918 e fu autorizzato a fregiarsi sia della Medaglia Commemorativa della Guerra che della Medaglia della Vittoria .

-Ruolo matricolare di Giuseppe Terranova di Sebastiano e Cecilia D'Amato, nato a Sant'Arsenio (SA) il 26 ottobre 1885.

Qualora fosse interessata a ricevere copia dei suddetti atti dovrebbe inviare la somma di euro 8,00 tramite Wetern Union intestato Sig. Sonia Nardiello Archivio di Stato di Salerno Piazza Abate Conforti, 7 84121 Salerno
Distinti saluti
Il funzionario responsabile
dott.ssa Fernanda Maria Volpe
Il dirigente
dott.ssa Imma Ascione

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Da: VOLPE FERNANDA MARIA
Inviato: giovedì 19 maggio 2011 18.29
A: AS-SA - ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI SALERNO
Oggetto: I: Ricerca Terranova

Gent. Sig.Catherine Rowley,
roles in the serial numbers in the study were found the following documents:
- The role of military Louis Terranova Antonio Mangieri and Margaret, born in Sant'Arsenio (Sa) November 19, 1882;
the document that participated in the 1915-1918 war and was authorized to use both the Commemorative Medal of War that the Victory Medal.

Role-freshman Sebastian Joseph Terranova, Cecilia D'Amato was born in Sant'Arsenio (SA) 26 October 1885.

If you are interested in receiving copies of those documents should send the sum of € 8.00 Wetern Union headed by Mr. Nardiello Sonia State Archives of Salerno Piazza Abate Conforti, 7 84121 Salerno
Yours sincerely
The officer
Dr. Maria Fernanda Volpe
The manager
Dr Imma Ascione

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Da: VOLPE FERNANDA MARIA
Inviato: giovedì 19 maggio 2011 18.27
A: AS-SA - ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI SALERNO
Oggetto: Ricerca Terranova

josephavastolajr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Salerno archives Reply with quote

Poipu04 wrote:
I read in the IGG newsletter that like Benevento, Salerno's state archives are digitizing their lista di leva records. Does anyone know more about this?

Have you found information related to Salerno's digitization effort Poipu04? My Uncle is travelling to Italy in April and I am trying to set up a places to go agenda so he can research our italian ancestors from the 19th century - poggiomarino, san valentino toro.

thank you
  Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: