Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › New Surnames

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
New Surnames

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

You guys are great. Maybe I should check Ellis Island for Antonio Passarello could be a miss spelling. My grandmothers death certificate shows her birth place as Italy my Mom says PA. My grandmothers parents were Giuseppie Onofrio and Catarina Esposito. My grandfathers parents were Pasquale Passarelli and Josephine ? surname unknown on death certificate.
No emails from Francavilla yet. I put Antonio's marriage at 1907 or before.
My grandmother was in Italy for 8 years as Josephine was born there and she was 8 years old when they returned in 1921.
Please let me know how I can download these posts and records
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

tteti,

When you click on the link, it will open the record. Now assuming you are using windows, in the top left hand corner, click on file and then print and you should be ok to print from there.

To keep a copy to you hard drive, just click on the image you want, and that click on Save Image...

Let me know if this works.

Calabria Exchange
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

tteti,

You'll need written confirmation from San Fili but I believe that Giovannina was born there based on the 1921 manifest. Since you said he was also born in San Fili, Antonio'c birth information should contain his father and mother's name including maiden name. If they were married in San Fili, there likely would also be a notation on the birth record. If you write for the record, request copies of their integral birth acts and their marriage act. These will be photocopies from the handwritten journal and contain a wealth of genealogical information. Date of birth, time of birth, where born which sometimes includes the street name and number, parents' names and occupations and ages, grandparent information, witnesses.

Another point, if Giovannina returned to Italy in 19111/1912 to take care of her mother, Carmela Esposito returned to Italy from New Rochelle for whatever reason. Whether husbanc Giuseppe returned with her is unknown but Giuseppe was in New Rochelle in 1921. Also, if Giovannina returned because Carmela was ill, her mother may have passed away in San Fili since she lists her nearest relative as her sister Cristina.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

Giovannina was married to Antonio returned to Italy as her mother Catarina Esposito was ill. While in Italy Giovannina gave birth to Josephine Passarelli, they returned to New Rochelle in 1921 Josephine now 8. I didn't know that Guiseppi Onofrio was in New Rochelle at the time.
I will have to find out where to write to in San Fili for the records. Does it have to be in Italian???
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

tteti wrote:
I didn't know that Guiseppi Onofrio was in New Rochelle at the time.
I will have to find out where to write to in San Fili for the records. Does it have to be in Italian???

Based on page 2 of the 1921 manifest, father Giuseppe and husband Antonio Passarelli were in New Rochelle at 291 Union St.

Here's the address in San Fili to write for records. The request should be in Italian. If you'd like help putting a letter together, start a thread in the translations section and we'll give a hand.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di San Fili
Via XX Settembre
87037 San Fili CS
ITALY

Here are a couple of sites on San Fili which have information on the town, photos and customs.
Official website for the town

web.tiscali.it/sanfili/

web.tiscali.it/San_Fili/

Biff

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

There is another really great site on San Fili written by a local resident by the name of Pietro Perri. It is all in Italian so if you do not speak Italian it probably will not help you. It gives a lot of history of the town including stories that from what I can tell are quite interesting in that it gives you a sharp picture of what life was like there over the centuries. I know a lot of my family went to San Fili and the microfilms of the birth, marriage and death records there are on my "to do" list when I am finished with my grandfather's town of Montalto Uffugo. My Napolitano's who went there owned at least 1 grocery store there.
Here's the link: web.tiscali.it/San_Fili/
Even if you don't speak Italian, he has some great pictures.

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

Census for 1920--291 Union Ave, New Rochelle NY

Although neither Giuseppe Onofrio nor Antonio Passarelli are listed there is a Serafino Nofrio Family and a Joseph Passarelli family at this address. Could Serafino be Giuseppe's son? Could Joseph Passarelli be Antonio's brother? Or what?

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Surnames Reply with quote

1910 New Rochelle Directory

Giuseppe Onofrio laborer 52 Lafayette Ave
Now check the address on the 1910 census previously posted by Nuccia for Antonio Passarelli and wife Giovannina. Yep, 52 Lafayette. Changed to read--And look at the family above--the Giuseppe Onofrio family with daughters Cristina age 15, Concetta age 12 and Rosina age 9. On the 1921 manifest Concetta and Rosa stated their nearest relative in Italy was sister Cristina and their ages on the manifests were 22 and 20. Can anyone make out Giuseppe's wife's name? Is it Carmela?

Serafino Onofrio chauffeur 291 Union Ave

Page 2 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: