Gentile ,Mammola, Calabria
Last post by nuccia in Southern Italy on Jul 20, 2017 at 07:52:30

looking for manifest of Sabato Pizzano changed to Pisano
Last post by DaveFerro in Southern Italy on Jul 19, 2017 at 21:29:46

Looking for Vincenzo Contrera
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Jul 10, 2017 at 23:36:16

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Woohoo!!!

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Woohoo!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Finally!

I am so happy, I finally found the ship manifest of my husband's great-grandfather, Vincenzo Tallarico [transcribed as: Vincento Sallorico Rolling Eyes ] who came from Italy! So far, I had come across one ship manifest in which he was listed, but didn't make the voyage...today, I was feeling lucky and I found it!!!

Vincenzo's naturalization papers has him arriving on Feb 1912 [his certificate of arrival actually shows the wrong year!!], but he actually arrived in 1913! No wonder I had a hard time finding him!!! LOL

Thanks to Steve Morse's Ellis Island Gold Form I finally found the manifest that shows him arriving in New York!! Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!

party

Liz Cool

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Congrats Liz!!!

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Hey that's great, Liz! Drinks are on me!!!!!!! Smile

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

YAY!!!!!! party
*WHAP* (it IS Friday)

tracer56
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

I can appreciatte your find. I too this week found my GGFs trip to the US and his brothers entry a few years later. Thier last name of Aiello, was so badly mis-spelled it was looked over for months. I finally matched dates and other segments to confirm thier travels. It takes persistance. Congrats on the find!
Vincenza
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Congratulation Liz!!!

That great news!!

Vincenza

www.italiansicilianher...index.html
ouritaliansicilianfami...familytree

Searching surnames:
Maola, Rocca, Niro,Longo, Pennacchia (FR)
Pellerito, D'Anna, Alfano, Sassano, Alongi, Russo, LoCricchio (PA)
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Congrats! Isnt that a great feeling!
Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Hi Liz
Congratulations I bet you're feeling just great. Its a lovely feeling when you find something you've been searchig for for a long time. I know how I felt when you found that death record for me XX
party

Love and Hugs
Emmy

ps I did post a message here yesterday but I must have forgotten to press 'submit' Embarassed Embarassed A Senior moment AGAIN!! Wink

chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Thank you all! I'm still sporting a big grin from this great find, LOL Very Happy

Has anyone had this happen?: I was super excited about finally finding the ship manifest, so I was telling Rick [my hubby] about it and how long I've been looking for this and he is like "Really?" as if it wasn't that big of a deal *insert eyeroll here* Razz

Liz Cool

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

I had a similar reaction from my son when I 'finally' found Naughty Nina and traced exactly who she was.... an enormous satisfaction for me after over 40 years of wondering about her fate.

And what did No1 Son say when I told him that the puzzle was finally solved?

"So - now you've found some distant family and they won't even acknowledge you - do you still think it was worth it"?

I must admit - that did rather pop my balloon! Crying or Very sad

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Robert
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
I had a similar reaction from my son when I 'finally' found Naughty Nina and traced exactly who she was.... an enormous satisfaction for me after over 40 years of wondering about her fate.

And what did No1 Son say when I told him that the puzzle was finally solved?

"So - now you've found some distant family and they won't even acknowledge you - do you still think it was worth it"?

I must admit - that did rather pop my balloon! Crying or Very sad

It was worth it though wasn't it?

I recall my first and most important breakthrough searching for my great-grandad - sitting in a reading library in north London and coming across a notice in an old copy of a newspaper from the other end of the world...was quite a feeling!

Congrats Chanchisfea! May there be many more.

BonVal
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

For all the times my sons and my husband gave me the grimace and eye-roll my family since receiving their Christmas gifts are now being caught discussing the finds with others! The genealogy history that I printed out along with the stories and photos topped off with a family cookbook hooked four sons. They now want more details, more research!
BTW, I spent my one free day of the last ten on...and last free day before we leave next week...packing! YAY! But even funnier is 4 adult sons asking if I packed enough genealogy stuff to do the research...and they weren't being sarcastic! It was but you also need, take more this, show me where what is stored so I can email you if need be kind of comments! Val just laughed!

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

BonVal wrote:
For all the times my sons and my husband gave me the grimace and eye-roll my family since receiving their Christmas gifts are now being caught discussing the finds with others! The genealogy history that I printed out along with the stories and photos topped off with a family cookbook hooked four sons. They now want more details, more research!
BTW, I spent my one free day of the last ten on...and last free day before we leave next week...packing! YAY! But even funnier is 4 adult sons asking if I packed enough genealogy stuff to do the research...and they weren't being sarcastic! It was but you also need, take more this, show me where what is stored so I can email you if need be kind of comments! Val just laughed!
I hope you have lots of fun on your trip! And (of course) great luck in your research!

ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Woohoo!!! Reply with quote

Congratulation Liz,
I hope one day to find manifest of ship of my GGF Francesco Paolo Bruno, date 1902
bye Riccardo

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
  Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: