Request for extracts ignored by L'ufficio di Stato Civile
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Oct 23, 2017 at 11:38:43

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › San Fili, Cosenza

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
San Fili, Cosenza

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

nuccia wrote:
Hey Doug..

Perhaps you're right. I am also applying for dual citizenship through my mom and Riccardo has been helping me (this is his specialty) and those are the records he told me to get so I did. Of course, you're situation may be different than mine but to be on the safe safe, I'll send him an email and get his opinion.

Hope you don't mind... Smile

Nuccia,

No, of course I don't mind. In fact, if Riccardo can help me obtain my grandfather's integral birth act, I would have no problem paying him to do so.

I look forward to hearing his thoughts.

Doug
stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

i wish i was able, but unfortunately im told that im not by everyone i ask LOL!. my great great grandfather was naturalized, and since he was naturalized even the kids born in italy became naturalized too Sad .... even thought my great grandfather never used his birth name in ANYTHING since he been in america Sad

Researching: DiLenge,Taiano,Lagonigro,Bertoli,Holick(Holick and every other way spelt), Rykowski, Hraba,Roman
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hello,
these are the records you need from father-grandfather:

Italian Citizenship from: FATHER - GRANDFATHER

Father - Grandfather: Your father was born in your native country, your paternal grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, and neither you nor your father ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship. If citizenship is acquired by birth in your country and you meet all these conditions, you qualify for Italian citizenship jure sanguinis. You must obtain certified copies of the following documents:

1) Your paternal grandfather's birth certificate from Italy.
2) Your paternal grandmother's birth certificate
3) Your grandparents' marriage certificate (If married outside of Italy, you will need an apostille and a translation into Italian.)
4) Your paternal grandfather's certificate of naturalization OR statement of "No Records" .
5) Your father's birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
6) Your mother's birth certificate
7) Your parents' marriage certificate (with apostille and translation)
Cool Your birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
9) Your marriage certificate, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
10) Your spouse's birth certificate, if applicable
11) Birth certificates for all your children under the age of eighteen, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
12) Any applicable divorce decrees/certificates (with apostille and translation)
13) Death certificates for anyone listed above (with apostille and translation, if for your father or grandfather)

All Certificates: must be new “CERTIFED COPIES” a.k.a. “LONG FORM” or “FULL FORM” (not “certification” or “abstract”). Said certificates should be obtained at the State Vital Statistics Office in which the birth/marriage/death took place.

If your grandfather became a naturalized citizen before your father's birth, you are not entitled to Italian citizenship jure sanguinis unless you fit into another category.

NOTE: If you are submitting to the consulate of Miami or Chicago, you will need a document called an "Italian Certificate of Citizenship"

Non Italian Birth / Marriage / Death records related to the “Italian side” must bear an "Apostille" (according to Hague Convention of Dec. 5, 1961) except for the Certificate of Naturalization and/or similar documentation.

Certificates in other languages than Italian, must be translated into Italian. The only document which does not need to be translated and does not need an "Apostille" is the U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or any the statement releasing information on the naturalization status of the interested party.

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo kiss

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Thanks!

Cathy;

Here's what Bobby Nap had to say:

I really don't know, my mother and father divorced when I was three. Only really know mothers side. Nap

Unfortunately, not the answer we were looking for. I do remember one alcohol laden evening him telling me about his rocky childhood. Sorry.

Doug
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Thats OK. The Napolitano's must not care much...none of them will talk with me. Crying or Very sad Thanks for trying.

tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
We had a poster not too long ago who has been waiting on a record from this comune since October I beleive. I got an email from them that stated they were still waiting a month or 2 ago. I have records from this comune on order at my family history center. What years and surnames are you looking for?
Well I have not recived a reply even after sending a second request now it is almost a year I am looking for an Antonio Passarelli born 1873- 75
and Giovanninan Onofrio 1882-87.
Thanks for all your help
charliemis
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Italian Citzenship Reply with quote

ricbru wrote:
Hello,
these are the records you need from father-grandfather:

Italian Citizenship from: FATHER - GRANDFATHER

Father - Grandfather: Your father was born in your native country, your paternal grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, and neither you nor your father ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship. If citizenship is acquired by birth in your country and you meet all these conditions, you qualify for Italian citizenship jure sanguinis. You must obtain certified copies of the following documents:

1) Your paternal grandfather's birth certificate from Italy.
2) Your paternal grandmother's birth certificate
3) Your grandparents' marriage certificate (If married outside of Italy, you will need an apostille and a translation into Italian.)
4) Your paternal grandfather's certificate of naturalization OR statement of "No Records" .
5) Your father's birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
6) Your mother's birth certificate
7) Your parents' marriage certificate (with apostille and translation)
Cool Your birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
9) Your marriage certificate, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
10) Your spouse's birth certificate, if applicable
11) Birth certificates for all your children under the age of eighteen, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
12) Any applicable divorce decrees/certificates (with apostille and translation)
13) Death certificates for anyone listed above (with apostille and translation, if for your father or grandfather)

All Certificates: must be new “CERTIFED COPIES” a.k.a. “LONG FORM” or “FULL FORM” (not “certification” or “abstract”). Said certificates should be obtained at the State Vital Statistics Office in which the birth/marriage/death took place.

If your grandfather became a naturalized citizen before your father's birth, you are not entitled to Italian citizenship jure sanguinis unless you fit into another category.

NOTE: If you are submitting to the consulate of Miami or Chicago, you will need a document called an "Italian Certificate of Citizenship"

Non Italian Birth / Marriage / Death records related to the “Italian side” must bear an "Apostille" (according to Hague Convention of Dec. 5, 1961) except for the Certificate of Naturalization and/or similar documentation.

Certificates in other languages than Italian, must be translated into Italian. The only document which does not need to be translated and does not need an "Apostille" is the U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or any the statement releasing information on the naturalization status of the interested party.

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo kiss

Hi Riccardo,

I have been told that I can not become an Italian citizen as my Father who was born in Italy became a US Citizen 5 years before I was born (my older siblings can but have no interest); I don't think I can obtain Italian Citizenship through my Maternal side since I was born in 1947 --- I believe the cutoff for getting this through my Maternal Grandparents [both were born in Italy] is 1948....is this accurate? Do they ever make any exceptions to this rule ---- I missed the cutoff by about 6 months ---- My Maternal Grandmother never became a US citizen (or at least this what I have been told)...The Italian Embassy in Philadelphia is always very busy and difficult to contact and didn't really want to discuss this possibility in any detail.........grazie mille....

Researching: Corato, Provincia di Bari in Puglia e San Giorgio Albanese, Provincia di Cosenza in Calabria.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

tteti wrote:
Cathy wrote:
We had a poster not too long ago who has been waiting on a record from this comune since October I beleive. I got an email from them that stated they were still waiting a month or 2 ago. I have records from this comune on order at my family history center. What years and surnames are you looking for?
Well I have not recived a reply even after sending a second request now it is almost a year I am looking for an Antonio Passarelli born 1873- 75
and Giovanninan Onofrio 1882-87.
Thanks for all your help
You may want to go to your local Later Day Saint Family History Center and order the microfilms that cover the birth records for these time frames. Find the birth acts and rewrite the comune with the exact birthdates and atto numbers. While you have the films, you can find other family members. I had a microfilm from San Fili and the records are in good shape and have indexes which should make your records easier to find.

tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Thanks Cathy I will try LDS family history center and let you know
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Here are the films for San Fili:
www.familysearch.org/e...o+civile++

You can find the loactions of the centers here:
www.familysearch.org/e...c_find.asp

Call the center first and make sure they have scanning equiptment.

tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Thanks Cathy I will check it out, the films look like they have marriage and death am I missing birth
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Nati is birth and they have the full span of 1809-1910 available for San Fili.

tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Thanks Cathy, will let you know
lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hi Cathy!

I've been getting email bumps lately, and I see that this topic is active again. I don't know if you recall, but I am searching for my grandmother's birth cert from San Fili - I got my g'fathers, but am still chasing hers.

When I saw your post last night, I noticed that you're about 3 hours ahead of me (EST); where in the world are you?

L
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

I am in Chicago.

Page 2 of 4All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: