x
Toggle Content Register or Login  -  November 19, 2018, 8:43 pm
Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: haven247
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1948

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 40
Total: 40
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Community Forums
02: Photo Gallery
03: Community Forums
04: Community Forums
05: Community Forums
06: Community Forums
07: Community Forums
08: My Account
09: Community Forums
10: Home
11: My Account
12: Home
13: Photo Gallery
14: My Account
15: Community Forums
16: My Account
17: Community Forums
18: Statistics
19: My Account
20: Community Forums
21: Photo Gallery
22: Community Forums
23: My Account
24: Community Forums
25: Community Forums
26: Community Forums
27: My Account
28: Community Forums
29: Community Forums
30: Community Forums
31: Community Forums
32: Home
33: My Account
34: Community Forums
35: Community Forums
36: Community Forums
37: Community Forums
38: Community Forums
39: Community Forums
40: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 07:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 13:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 11:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 01:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Settimor torinese nato Caterina Martini
Last post by Franksme in Northern Italy on Jan 01, 2018 at 17:14:11

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Translation of 100 year old official documents from Montalto

     Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Translation of 100 year old official documents from Montalto
For help with translating documents or writing letters.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Sep 08, 2007
Posts: 1140
Location: Rome (Italy)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

KK_Danos wrote:
Can anyone tell if the first document in this grouping is one of the "triplicate copies" or if this is another land/house sale?

Arrow home.mchsi.com/~kkdano..._and_d.pdf

The next two documents seen here: Arrow
Seem to leave a blank where the bride or groom's names should be. Is this correct or am I misinterpreting the documents?

Again, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I am just learning and appreciate any and all advice and insight into researching my family. Very Happy

giornale

That's weird!
On the same day (Oct 3, 1910), Antonio Achille Coscarelli sells the same house to Giuseppe Lato, son of Luigi!

In the second page (there are only 2 documents in this PDF),
the mayor of Montalto Uffugo certifies that Rosina Serpa, daughter of the late Pietro, single, farmer, aged 25, born and living in Montalto Uffugo, is emigrationg to New York, more precisely to Austin Colorado, to join her brother in law Francesco Lato son of Luigi Box ??
The document date is 27 feb 1908.

_________________
Livio
La mia genealogia
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
KK_Danos
New Member
New Member


Joined: Jan 31, 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

liviomoreno wrote:
KK_Danos wrote:
Can anyone tell if the first document in this grouping is one of the "triplicate copies" or if this is another land/house sale?

Arrow home.mchsi.com/~kkdano..._and_d.pdf

The next two documents seen here: Arrow
Seem to leave a blank where the bride or groom's names should be. Is this correct or am I misinterpreting the documents?

Again, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I am just learning and appreciate any and all advice and insight into researching my family. Very Happy

giornale

That's weird!
On the same day (Oct 3, 1910), Antonio Achille Coscarelli sells the same house to Giuseppe Lato, son of Luigi!

In the second page (there are only 2 documents in this PDF),
the mayor of Montalto Uffugo certifies that Rosina Serpa, daughter of the late Pietro, single, farmer, aged 25, born and living in Montalto Uffugo, is emigrationg to New York, more precisely to Austin Colorado, to join her brother in law Francesco Lato son of Luigi Box ??
The document date is 27 feb 1908.

Wow, that is weird! I am not sure what that means or why... hmm family mysteries.

Thanks! The second document helps to establish a relationship between Luigi, Giuseppe and Francesco that was really hard for me to sort out from the papers I found. So this means Francesco and Giuseppe were brothers. I think the "Box" is a mistake or a reference to another doc? with Lato as the last name. Thank goodness you can read the handwriting. It was making me go cross-eyed.

The other two documents are here:
home.mchsi.com/~kkdano..._doc_f.pdf

and

home.mchsi.com/~kkdano..._doc_g.pdf

Thank you!!

_________________
Researching: Arcieri, Perri, & Gallo from Conflenti/Catanzaro; Lato, Serpa, Lofeudo, & Bozzarello from Montalto & Cosenza.
Back to top
View user's profile
KK_Danos
New Member
New Member


Joined: Jan 31, 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

Quote::

That's weird!
On the same day (Oct 3, 1910), Antonio Achille Coscarelli sells the same house to Giuseppe Lato, son of Luigi!

In the second page (there are only 2 documents in this PDF),
the mayor of Montalto Uffugo certifies that Rosina Serpa, daughter of the late Pietro, single, farmer, aged 25, born and living in Montalto Uffugo, is emigrationg to New York, more precisely to Austin Colorado, to join her brother in law Francesco Lato son of Luigi Box ??
The document date is 27 feb 1908.

I meant to ask, did the first document regarding the re-sale of the house mention anything else?

_________________
Researching: Arcieri, Perri, & Gallo from Conflenti/Catanzaro; Lato, Serpa, Lofeudo, & Bozzarello from Montalto & Cosenza.
Back to top
View user's profile
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 2681

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

As a reference, I decided to look up Rosina Serpa's ship manifest. Her manifest has listed that she is going to see her brother-in-law Francesco Lato and his address is listed as Box 11. Perhaps the Box in the document she posted is not a name but a location?
The date she arrived in NY on the ship Sannio is March 20, 1908.

_________________
Cathy
My Websites
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
KK_Danos
New Member
New Member


Joined: Jan 31, 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
As a reference, I decided to look up Rosina Serpa's ship manifest. Her manifest has listed that she is going to see her brother-in-law Francesco Lato and his address is listed as Box 11. Perhaps the Box in the document she posted is not a name but a location?
The date she arrived in NY on the ship Sannio is March 20, 1908.

Oh, Cathy, you are awesome! I owe you a bottle of wine or something. Thank you! Very Happy

_________________
Researching: Arcieri, Perri, & Gallo from Conflenti/Catanzaro; Lato, Serpa, Lofeudo, & Bozzarello from Montalto & Cosenza.
Back to top
View user's profile
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Jul 10, 2007
Posts: 2681

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

Your welcome! For reference and so KK can have a copy here is Rosina's 2 page ship manifest. She is on line 6.
PAGE 1
PAGE 2
Livio...what do you think about Box being a location?

_________________
Cathy
My Websites
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Sep 08, 2007
Posts: 1140
Location: Rome (Italy)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Your welcome! For reference and so KK can have a copy here is Rosina's 2 page ship manifest. She is on line 6.
PAGE 1
PAGE 2
Livio...what do you think about Box being a location?

I believe that Box 11 is the Post Office Box address of Francesco Lato. Rosa did not know the full address but only the address where Francesco could receive a letter.

In this manifest, the name of Rosa's mother is reported as Aloise Feudo, instead of Teresina Lo Feudo.

_________________
Livio
La mia genealogia
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.


Joined: Sep 08, 2007
Posts: 1140
Location: Rome (Italy)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

KK_Danos wrote:
.
....
The other two documents are here:
home.mchsi.com/~kkdano..._doc_f.pdf

and

home.mchsi.com/~kkdano..._doc_g.pdf

Thank you!!

The first document is a certificate from the Civil State Office, stating that as of Dec 23, 1907 Rosa Serpa did not get married in Montalto Uffugo and was not planning to get married.

The first document is a certificate from the Civil State Office, stating that as of Jan 10, 1908 Giuseppe Lato, son of Luigi, did not get married in Montalto Uffugo.

_________________
Livio
La mia genealogia
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
KK_Danos
New Member
New Member


Joined: Jan 31, 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Translation of 100 year old official documents from Mont Reply with quote

Quote::


I believe that Box 11 is the Post Office Box address of Francesco Lato. Rosa did not know the full address but only the address where Francesco could receive a letter.

In this manifest, the name of Rosa's mother is reported as Aloise Feudo, instead of Teresina Lo Feudo.

Livio, thank you very much. I'm not sure why it would said Aloise Feudo as the mother. It must be a mistake. The only thing I can think of is that the person writing the names misunderstood her?

I'm also, guessing about the statement of non marriage, but this would go along with the theory that she was coming to America to marry Giuseppe. I would assume such a document would clear any doubt if she was leaving behind a fiance or husband in Montalto Uffugo and show she was cleared for marriage.

Again, Livio, thank you so very much for your help!

_________________
Researching: Arcieri, Perri, & Gallo from Conflenti/Catanzaro; Lato, Serpa, Lofeudo, & Bozzarello from Montalto & Cosenza.
Back to top
View user's profile
  Page 2 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

  
 
Jump to:  



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Hosted By Site5.com
The logos and trademarks used on this site are the property of Gente di Mare Genealogy.
We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the opinions of the poster.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy
TCD_ItalianGene © Gente di Mare Genealogy