Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › My relatives in US

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
My relatives in US

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

uantiti wrote:
You can post the other census. I know some of those names, I know there were several Nobiles in Iowa. Other names are mispelled but I might understand who they are.

Thank you very much.

Ada

I'm posting the way the census transcribers had the names spelled but I was sure they were Nobile.

10. NOBILE, ANDREW (1910 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, BELLAIR TWP, Age: 27, Race: W, Born: ITAL,
11. NOBILE, CHARLEY (1910 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, BELLAIR TWP, Age: 34, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

26. NABLILE, JOHN (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, VERMILLION, Age: 27, Race: W, Born: ITAL,
Living with the Nicolazzi family page 1

page 2

30. NOBILE, BORGLO (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, JEROME; LINCOLN, Age: 32, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

31. NOBILE, CHARLEY (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, BELLAIR, Age: 44, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

32. NOBILE, GUIDE (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, VERMILLION, Age: 37, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

33. NOBILI, LEO (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, JEROME; LINCOLN, Age: 23, Race: W, Born: ITAL,
Lists his mother with him - name Rosse as first name but maybe this should be Rossi and her last name instead....see what you think

34. NOBLE, HENRY (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, JEROME; LINCOLN, Age: 43, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Billie,
I must go and check the films for Bogogno as for a couple of them I don't have any record. As usual when they were born they were given two/three names, always the same ones. Just to complicate a bit you never know which one they used in Italy and in US.

Thank you for posting them. I'll be back.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Thank you again for these censuses.

BillieDeKid wrote:

10. NOBILE, ANDREW (1910 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, BELLAIR TWP, Age: 27, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

For sure he is related to the family but he's not among those born in Bogogno, unless he completely changed his name. His wife has an odd name which doesn't help.

11. NOBILE, CHARLEY (1910 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, BELLAIR TWP, Age: 34, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

His name was Carlo (born 1875) and his wife was Marianna Sacco. He had another two brothers: Enrico (born 1877) and Ambrogio (1887, homonimous of the other Ambrogio married to Luigia but this one is younger). They both went to US and I think they got married there but I don't know who they married. Enrico could be the one above listed as Andrew but the age doesn't match althogh they used to make themselves younger. I saw their ship manifests.

26. NABLILE, JOHN (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, VERMILLION, Age: 27, Race: W, Born: ITAL,
Living with the Nicolazzi family

I've seen this census already, many families are there: on page 1 there are Vince Sacco his wife, sons John, Attilio and Federico. Also several Nicolazzi and also a Demartini Lawrence (Lorenzo) who is married to Celsa. She's daughter to Emil Beretta and Teresa Nicolazzi.
I think this John Nobile could be a son of Ambrogio and Luigia Rossi probably born in Kansas about 1892/1893 but don't know much about him.

page 1

page 2

30. NOBILE, BORGLO (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, JEROME; LINCOLN, Age: 32, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

This image is the same as the first one with Andrew and Charley and refers to 1910

31. NOBILE, CHARLEY (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, BELLAIR, Age: 44, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

Also this one is the same as the first one..

32. NOBILE, GUIDE (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, VERMILLION, Age: 37, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

Nobile Guido married his cousin Angela Nobile. They lived in Iowa. I found her SSDI but don't know if they had children.

I will tell about the other censuses later as I have to check other names that appear on them.

Thank you very much.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

uantiti wrote:

This image is the same as the first one with Andrew and Charley and refers to 1910

Also this one is the same as the first one..

My apologies ... my clipboard doesn't clear sometimes Embarassed here are the correct images

Smile

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:

My apologies ... my clipboard doesn't clear sometimes Embarassed here are the correct images

Smile

You don't need to apologize Billie. Thank you for posting these images.
Well, I could find out that Ambrogio Nobile and Luigia Rossi went to and fro several times as their children were born in Italy, in Kansas and again in Italy.
Few days ago, while trying to find obituaries, I came across a Mike Ponsetto who was married to Eleanor Nobile. For some unknown reason I felt that Eleanor was Ambrogio and Luigia's daughter. So, if you look at the first census here above you will see Mike Ponsetto, his wife Eleanor and two children: Pete and Louisa. Then I found out that Family Search indexed Iowa Marriages, births and deaths. I found Eleanora's marriage and I was right she was Ambrogio and Luigia's daughter.

NOBILE BORGLO, listed in the first census above is actually Nobile Ambrogio , (not Luigia's husband, this is a younger one), he was married to Frances. He's brother to CHARLEY mentioned in the second census and brother to HENRY married to Polly Goffo (who are mentioned in another census).

I also found many other people on Family Search as they updated the records. I found Fred (Federico) Sacco's marriage. His wife was Maria Sebben. She was from Veneto region, province of Belluno.
Unfortunately names are very often mispelled and it takes a lot of time to try different spellings but I could "build up" some families. So it looks that some questions have now an answer but I'm still digging....

Thank you for your help.

Ada

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

That's great that you've found more information and the Family Search updated their records Smile we'll keep digging and see what else can be found to help piece your puzzle together.

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:

33. NOBILI, LEO (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, JEROME; LINCOLN, Age: 23, Race: W, Born: ITAL,
Lists his mother with him - name Rosse as first name but maybe this should be Rossi and her last name instead....see what you think

33. NOBILI, LEO
About the above Census. You will see that it's stated that LEO was born in Kansas then someone placed a line on it and wrote IT. Well I went through Bogogno's births but he is not there. I think he was born in Kansas. I don't know what the letters LC mean where they indicate his Mother Tongue on the Census.
Yes, the name Rosse probably refers to Luigia Rossi and the other son Louis (Luigi) was born in Italy on March 1902.
On the census all three state they went to US in 1914. I tried many different spellings before and after 1914 of Nobile and Rossi but I couldn't find them on ship manifests.
I found that Luigia's older son, Peter D got married to Pierina Sacco on May 1914 in Jerome, Appanoose, Iowa.
They are listed in a 1930 Census in Illinois

Nobile, Peter D
Full Name Age Birth Year (est.) Sheet No. Image
Nobile, Peter D 41 1889 6a View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)

State of Residence: Illinios
County of Residence: COOK
Description: CHICAGO CITY, WARD 30 (PART), BOUNDED BY (N) MAYPOLE AVE.; (E) N. KARLOV AVE.; (S) W. MADISON; (W) N. KEELER AVE.
Browse Description:: CHICAGO CITY
Census Roll: 0461
Enum. District: 16-1021
Family No.: 124

HOUSEHOLD
(sorted alphabetically by surname, then by age in descending order)
Surname: Nobile
Given Names Age Birth Year (est.) Sheet No. Image
Peter D 41 1889 6a View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Perina 34 1896 6a View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Emile 15 1915 6a View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Emeline 11 1919 6a View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Mary 8 1922 6a View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Catherine 5 1925 6a View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)

This is Joseph (another son born in Kansas) in a 1930 Census

Nobile, Joseph
Full Name Age Birth Year (est.) Sheet No. Image
Nobile, Joseph 35 1895 30b View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)

State of Residence: Illinios
County of Residence: COOK
Description: CICERO TOWN (PART) BOUNDED BY (N) W. 12TH (ROOSEVELT RD.); (E) S. 50TH CT.; (S) W. 16TH; (W) S. 54TH AVE.
Browse Description:: CICERO TOWN
Census Roll: 0497
Enum. District: 16-2071
Family No.: 664

HOUSEHOLD
(sorted alphabetically by surname, then by age in descending order)
Surname: Nobile
Given Names Age Birth Year (est.) Sheet No. Image
Joseph 35 1895 30b View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Angeline 24 1906 30b View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Olga 6 1924 30b View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)
Josephine 4 1926 30b View Census Image at Footnote (Membership)

I couldn't find his marriage so I don't know who's Angelina. It looks she's 11 years younger than Joe. I wonder if among the neighbours there are relatives.

34. NOBLE, HENRY (1920 U.S. Census) IA, APPANOOSE, JEROME; LINCOLN, Age: 43, Race: W, Born: ITAL,

34. NOBLE, HENRY
This is NOBILE ENRICO. I found his marriage with Pauline (Paola) Goffo, recorded as Polly Goffie. Their first daughter was Angelina born in 1906. She would have been 24 in 1930. I think she could be Joe Nobile's wife, but it's just my idea. Although they had the same surname, they were very distant relatives.

There is another SACCO family listed at the bottom. He is listed as James but his name was Genesio and his wife was Cristina (née Sacco). I found him listed on Iagenweb site, and so is his wife and his son John, as "personalities"

Thank you to all of you for your help and efforts. I'm sorry I'm being so slow in answering back but I'm having some problems which I hope to solve soon.

Ada

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

You take your time Ada and take care of yourself.....health is more important!

Ponzetto

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Uantiti, I have all info on Ambrogio Nobile and photos. He was my Great Grandfather. Email me or post here
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Hi Ponzetto and welcome! I saw your message and I'm going to email you.

Ada

dagwood7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Ada,
While researching my great grandfathers genealogy, I discovered this website. My great grandfather was Frank Nicolazzi from Bogogno and my grandfather, Peter, was born in Ghemme. I am wondering how we might be related?

Thank you,
Vivian
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Hi Vivian,
I sent a couple of messages to the e-mail adddress you posted in your profile but I didn't get any reply.
Yes, we are related. Get in touch. I'll give you all info.

Ada

domtoni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Hi Ada,

My name is Domenic Toni, and my mom's family came from Ghemme. Her mom was a Carbonati and her dad was a Vigetti.

I think her mom's aunt was Maria Carbonati and married Louis Oggero, and went to the states at some time I think around 1870. I guess these are the ones that brought the Ghemmesi over to Centerville, Cincinati Iowa, and then onto Chicago and Kenosha Wisconsin.

From Ghemme, I learned that the Carbonatis first came in 1884. We don't know the origin or much history of the Vigetti family.

It seems the Carbonatis came to Ghemme from Cressa.

I was amazed at home many names I recognised in this thread.

FYI, I have friends who live in Pettinengo !!

Best
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Hi Domenic,
I'm going to send you a PM.

Ada

Page 4 of 5All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: