Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Alright a little clearer on what i need translated

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Alright a little clearer on what i need translated
For help with translating documents or writing letters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the documents you provided, they are wonderful. Here is some of the information you requested. Innocenzo DiLenge came to the United States in 1905. His occupation was a laborer at a telephone company. In 1906, His wife Felice Marianna Bertoli, came over with there 2 children from Grassano. One was my great grandfather Francesco and the other was his sister Annunziata. In the United States they had a few more children. There names are Americo, Carmello, Giuseppe, and Alberto. They resided at first in Manhattan, NY but later moved to Brooklyn, NY. Francesco later went by many different first names here in the United States. To list a few they are, Edward, Paolo, and Frank. In 1925 he married Ann Kennedy whom is my great grandmother. Then he owned a bar in New York City called Acme Beer Gardens which was opened the day prohibition ended on April 7th 1933. After owning the bar, he became a successful jeweler. In his free time he went on cruises with my great grandmother.If it isn't too much trouble, I am trying to get all the documents and information on everyone in the family. If it is possible, i would appreciate it greatly if you could send me everything you come across. I would appreciate this greatly and hopefully one day when I travel over there I could meet you face to face I could thank you and we can talk. Feel free to write me anytime you want. Attached are the names and birth dates of the family I received so far from you.

Here is a list of names and information I hope to receive.

Innocenzo DiLenge - Born February 20 1877 ( Id like to receive his birth act, also any information regarding his parents names, If Innocenzo had brothers and/or sisters, Location on where he resided, etc )
Felice Marianna Bertoli - Born August 16 1881 ( Id like to receive her birth act, also any information including her parents names, If Felice Marianna had brothers and/or sisters, location on wher she resided, etc)
Francesco Paolo DiLenge - Born June 2 1902 ( I would like a copy of his birth act)
Camillo DiLenge - Born March 15 1904 - Died November 17 1904 ( I would like a copy of his birth act and death certificate)

I Believe they were all born in Grassano.

Thank You very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Feel free to charge me for the information if you will.
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

Steven, I don't claim to have the expertise of some of our members such as Riccardo, but in my opionion, I think that you are asking too much in one letter, if this letter is being directed to an Ufficio Stato Civile. Maybe you can ask for one or two documents in one letter, but if you ask for too many things, they will simply say no and tell you to hire a genealogist. If you do your request piecemeal, one or two at a time, spaced out over several months, your chances of a positive reply are greatly increased. Of course, I defer to Riccardo and others for their opinions on this.

stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

Poipu04 wrote:
Steven, I don't claim to have the expertise of some of our members such as Riccardo, but in my opionion, I think that you are asking too much in one letter, if this letter is being directed to an Ufficio Stato Civile. Maybe you can ask for one or two documents in one letter, but if you ask for too many things, they will simply say no and tell you to hire a genealogist. If you do your request piecemeal, one or two at a time, spaced out over several months, your chances of a positive reply are greatly increased. Of course, I defer to Riccardo and others for their opinions on this.

the woman who sent me the letter was interested in my family when they came to the states and she sounded like she really wants to help out
stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

well i might be there in june, i might be able to search this stuff my self there Smile

Researching: DiLenge,Taiano,Lagonigro,Bertoli,Holick(Holick and every other way spelt), Rykowski, Hraba,Roman
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

You are very lucky in that case. Because she asked for that information, you can disregard what I said. It is just that in general, the more things you ask for, the less of a chance that they will reply.

stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

Poipu04 wrote:
You are very lucky in that case. Because she asked for that information, you can disregard what I said. It is just that in general, the more things you ask for, the less of a chance that they will reply.

im not good at wording that stuff and the terms they use Sad would be cool if i was related to the girl who wants to know more Smile
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

Combining the translations already done by Luca and myself, here is the letter that you should address to Nocola Sanseverino

Gent.mo Sig. Sanseverino,

La ringrazio molto per i documenti che mi ha mandato, sono meravigliosi.

Innocenzo Dilenge è venuto negli Stati Uniti nel 1905, era manovale in una società del telefono. Sua moglie Felice Marianna Bertoli lo ha raggiunto da Grassano nel 1906 assieme ai suoi 2 figli. Uno era Francesco, mio bisnonno, e l'altra era sua sorella Annunziata. Negli Stati Uniti hanno avuto altri figli: Americo, Carmello, Giuseppe, Alberto e Joseph. Prima hanno abitato a Manhattan, NY e poi a Brooklyn, NY. Successivamente Francesco fu conosciuto negli Stati Uniti con diversi nomi, tra cui Edward, Paolo e Frank. Nel 1925 si è sposato con Ann Kennedy che è la mia bisnonna. Successivamente ha posseduto un bar a New York City, chiamato Avme Beer Garde eche fu aperto il 7 aprile 1933,lo stesso giorno in cui finì il proibizionismo! Dopo aver posseduto il bar è diventato un gioielliere di successo. Nel tempo libero faceva delle crociere con la mia bisnonna.

Sto cercando di avere tutte le informazioni possibili sulla mia famiglia. Se possibile, Le sarei molto grato, se potesse mandarmi altri documenti sulla mia famiglia.
In particolare vorrei ricevere:

Copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Innocenzo Dilenge, nato a Grassano il 20.2.1877.

Certificato storico di famiglia del suddetto Innocenzo Dilenge e, se celebrato in Grassano, copia integrale del matrimonio dei genitori dello stesso Innocenzo.

Copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Felice Marianna Bertoli, nata a Grassano il 16.8.1881.

Certificato storico di famiglia della suddetta Felice Marianna Bertoli e, se celebrato in Grassano, copia integrale del matrimonio dei genitori della stessa Felice Marianna.

Copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Francesco Paolo Dilenge nato a Grassano il 2.6.1902.

Copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Camillo Dilenge nato a Grassano il 15.3.1904 e copia integrale del suo certificato di morte, avvenuta in data 17.11.1904.

Mi auguro di poterla incontrare in occasione di un mio prossimo viaggio in Italia per poterla ringraziare personalmente.

stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

THANK YOU! The letter will be mailed today Smile

Researching: DiLenge,Taiano,Lagonigro,Bertoli,Holick(Holick and every other way spelt), Rykowski, Hraba,Roman
stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

envelope should be

Ufficio stato di civile
C/O Nicola Sanseverino
Comune Di Grassano
75014 Grassano (MT)

right?

liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

stevenspringer wrote:
envelope should be

Ufficio stato di civile
C/O Nicola Sanseverino
Comune Di Grassano
75014 Grassano (MT)

right?
yes

stevenspringer
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Alright a little clearer on what i need translated Reply with quote

thanks very much livio, i owe you
  Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: