Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Pubblicazioni translation

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Pubblicazioni translation
For help with translating documents or writing letters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Many of you know I am attempting to transcribe and publish online all the records from my grandfather's comune of Montalto Uffugo. Shocked I have come to a quandry because at the end of every year (almost) of pubblicazioni records is a special section of all handwritten documents pertaining to the pubblicazioni where one of the spouses was from another town. Since I have verified that there are no marriage acts recorded in Montalto Uffugo for there people, I assume the original pubblicazioni was recorded in the other town. I have linked a page of these below. The first one on the page is my beloved great great uncle (who took my grandfather in when his mother died) Domenico Garrafa. Could someone please translate his pubblicazioni so I can understand it? It would be most appreciated.
www.mofrad.net/Montalt...887/75.jpg

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

On the left:
Numero Primo
Domenico Garrafa vedovo
Giuseppina Ferrante Nubile
Oggi 1 Maggio 1887 giorno di Domenica è stata affissa alla porta di questa casa comunale la prima pubblicazione relativa all'atto qui controscritto (= a fianco).
L'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile
Nardi
Oggi 8 Maggio 1887 giorno di Domenica è stata affissa alla porta di questa casa comunale la seconda pubblicazione relativa all'atto qui controscritto. La prima pubblicazione rimase continuamente affissa fino a questo giorno.
Nardi
La precedente pubblicazione fino al giorno di oggi 16 Maggio 1887, e così per 3 giorni, è stata continuamente affissa alla porta di questa casa Comunale.
Nardi

On the right:
L'anno 1887 il giorno 28 Aprile a ore a.m. 10 e minuti 16 nella Casa Comunale.
A me Luigi Eugenio Nardi Sindaco ed Ufficiale dello Stato Civile del Comune di Montalto Uffugo, è oggi pervenuta la seguente richiesta:
Provincia di Calabria Citra, Comune di San Benedetto Ullano(!). Il sottoscritto Ufficiale dello Stato Civile come richiesto di pubblicare il matrimonio che si intende celebrare avanti di lui tra il Signor Domenico Garrafa, vedovo, di professione possidente, nato in Montalto Uffugo ...

I'll finish to write out in the afternoon.

Luca
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Cathy, I'll translate it... hope to get this part done by this evening...OK? giornale

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Thank you both. Please Carole - no rush.

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Luca wrote:
On the left:
Numero Primo
Domenico Garrafa vedovo
Giuseppina Ferrante Nubile
Oggi 1 Maggio 1887 giorno di Domenica è stata affissa alla porta di questa casa comunale la prima pubblicazione relativa all'atto qui controscritto (= a fianco).
Nardi
Oggi 8 Maggio 1887 giorno di Domenica è stata affissa alla porta di questa casa comunale la seconda pubblicazione relativa all'atto qui controscritto. La prima pubblicazione rimase continuamente affissa fino a questo giorno.
Nardi
La precedente pubblicazione fino al giorno di oggi 16 Maggio 1887, e così per 3 giorni, è stata continuamente affissa alla porta di questa casa Comunale.
Nardi

On the right:
L'anno 1887 il giorno 28 Aprile a ore a.m. 10 e minuti 16 nella Casa Comunale.
A me Luigi Eugenio Nardi Sindaco ed Ufficiale dello Stato Civile del Comune di Montalto Uffugo, è oggi pervenuta la seguente richiesta:
Provincia di Calabria Citra, Comune di San Benedetto Ullano(!). Il sottoscritto Ufficiale dello Stato Civile come richiesto di pubblicare il matrimonio che si intende celebrare avanti di lui tra il Signor Domenico Garrafa, vedovo, di professione possidente, nato in Montalto Uffugo ...

I'll finish to write out in the afternoon.

Luca

On the left:
Number one
Domenico Garrafa widower
Giuseppina Ferrante spinster
Today 1st May a Sunday has been posted on the door of this Town Hall the first publication relating to the act written here (= at the side)
Officer of the Registry Office
Nardi

Today 8th May 1887 a Sunday has been posted on the door of this Town Hall the second publication relating to the act written here. The first publication has continued to remain posted until today.
Nardi

The previous publication until today 16th May 1887, and like this for three days, has remained continuously posted on the door of this Town Hall.
Nardi

On the right:
The year 1887 the day 29th April at the hour anti meridien of 10 and 16 minutes in the Town Hall.
To me Luigi Eugenio Nardi Mayor and Officer of the Registry Office of the Comune of Montalto Uffugo, came the following request:
Province of Calabria Citra, Comune of San Benedetto Ullano. The undersigned Officer of the Registry Office as requested to publish the marriage that it is intended to celebrate before him between Mr. Domenico Garrafa, widower, property owner by profession, born in Montalto Uffugo...

>Expats in Italy<

Last edited by Carole on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Luca wrote:
Comune di San Benedetto Ullano(!).

Cosenza Province, close to Montalto Uffuugo:

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

[quote="liviomoreno"]
Luca wrote:

Quote::

Wink Wink Wink

Thanks Livio.... kiss

>Expats in Italy<
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Carole wrote:

Wink Wink Wink

Thanks Livio.... kiss

You caught me! peep

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

liviomoreno wrote:
Luca wrote:

Thanks Livio! kiss You see Parantoro on that map? That is the section of Montalto Uffugo my family lived in (and Domenico Garrafa Very Happy ). All those names are sections of Montalto Uffugo. San Benedetto used to be a hamlet or section of Montalto Uffugo until the early 1800's.

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Thank you Luca and Carole! kiss So, at last! I see a document which lists Uncle Domenico with the correct profession!!

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

2nd part:

tra il Signor Domenico Garrafa, vedovo, di professione possidente, nato in Montalto Uffugo residente in detto Comune, di anni 39 figlio di Francesco di professione possidente, residente in Montalto Uffugo e della fu Elena Minno(!!!) di professione possidente residente (in vita) in Montalto, e la Signora Giuseppina Ferrante, nubile, possidente, nata in San Benedetto residente in detto Comune, di anni 25 figlia di Filippo, possidente, residente in S. Benedetto Ullano e di Filomena Chimenti, di professione possidente residente in S. Benedetto. E poiché la sudetta publicazione deve aver luogo avanti l'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile ove la sposa ha la sua residenza, così si richiede che ai termini di legge, farà eseguire le pubblicazioni nelle prime domeniche successive che gli sarà presentata la presente richiesta.
Dal Palazzo Municipale, lì 28 Aprile 1887.
L'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile firmato Giuseppi (sic!) Musacchio.
Ho poi disposto subito per l'esecuzione delle pubblicazioni (anche) in questo Comune, e la richiesta autentica è stata munita del mio visto ed inserita nel vo.... (segue su altra pagina)

Luca
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Luca wrote:
2nd part:

tra il Signor Domenico Garrafa, vedovo, di professione possidente, nato in Montalto Uffugo residente in detto Comune, di anni 39 figlio di Francesco di professione possidente, residente in Montalto Uffugo e della fu Elena Minno(!!!) di professione possidente residente (in vita) in Montalto, e la Signora Giuseppina Ferrante, nubile, possidente, nata in San Benedetto residente in detto Comune, di anni 25 figlia di Filippo, possidente, residente in S. Benedetto Ullano e di Filomena Chimenti, di professione possidente residente in S. Benedetto. E poiché la sudetta publicazione deve aver luogo avanti l'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile ove la sposa ha la sua residenza, così si richiede che ai termini di legge, farà eseguire le pubblicazioni nelle prime domeniche successive che gli sarà presentata la presente richiesta.
Dal Palazzo Municipale, lì 28 Aprile 1887.
L'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile firmato Giuseppi (sic!) Musacchio.
Ho poi disposto subito per l'esecuzione delle pubblicazioni (anche) in questo Comune, e la richiesta autentica è stata munita del mio visto ed inserita nel vo.... (segue su altra pagina)

Luca

2nd part:
between Mr. Domenico Garrafa, widower, by profession a property owner, born in Montalto Uffugo resident in the said comune, aged 39 son of Francesco property owner by profession , resident in Montalto Uffugo and of the late Elena Minno(!!!) property owner by professionand resident (when alive) in Montalto, and Mrs.(?) Giuseppina Ferrante, unmarried, property owner, born in San Benedetto resident in the said Comune, aged 25 daughter of Filippo, property owner, resident in S. Benedetto Ullano and of Filomena Chimenti, by profession a property owner resident in S. Benedetto. And because the above mentioned publication must have a place before the Officer of the Registry Office where the bride has her residence, so it is asked that under the terms of the law, he will carry out the publications in the first Sundays following those when the present request is presented.
From the Municipal Palace, the 28th April 1887.
The Officer of the Registry Office signed Giuseppi (sic!) Musacchio.
I then prepared immediately for the implementation of the publications (also) in this Comune, and the authenticated request was prepared in my sight and added in ..... (follows on another page)

>Expats in Italy<
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Luca wrote:
e della fu Elena Minno(!!!)
Luca
Elena Munno was his mother's name. Thank you so much Carole and Luca!! kiss

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Just thought I would pass this on...
Several of the descendants of this couple have seen this post on this forum and thank you all for your help very much!! kiss I guess I cannot surprise them now!

un beso para mi Garrafa primas!! kiss

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Just thought I would pass this on...
Several of the descendants of this couple have seen this post on this forum and thank you all for your help very much!! kiss I guess I cannot surprise them now!

un beso para mi Garrafa primas!! kiss

It is comments and things like this that make the translating work so worth while and really satisfying. Thank you! kiss

>Expats in Italy<
  Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: