Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › Commune di Pieve di Cadore?

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Commune di Pieve di Cadore?

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Thanks Carole, your the greatest! I shall keep a close eye on my email and the snail mail box. I have checked my "junk mail" folder (I don't empty it very often) and I couldn't find said message. That said however, it's not unheard of for me to have a senior moment. My kids call often enough asking if I received their email to which I reply, "what email?" You certainly must have some clout in the Pieve area. Is there any charge for your services? Joe

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

I must admit that despite what he 'said' - I'm not totally convinced that an e-mail was sent.... (maybe I'm wrong?).

But wether it was, or not, is now beside the point - you should get your papers now within a reasonable time scale.

There's no charge for this call - it wasn't a long one and I did it via Skype Out so it was cheaper than an ordinary call via Telecom Italia... But we saved on your needing a cache of postage stamps - that's one good point!

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:
Would someone have an address for the Commune di Pieve di Cadore, BL? I have written them once before regarding the Birth Certificate for Francesco Romano De Maso, born 1866, Nebbiu, (no response). I would like to follow up, but now I'm not sure I had the correct address and of course, I can't find my original document. Also any shortcuts that might be helpful when addressing my research problem, Euros, SSAE etc....

My great-grandfather Massimo DaVia was born in Pieve di Cadore 10 Mar 1872 (Nebbiu) the son of Epifanio DaVia and Filomena Burrei.

There is a gentlemen on IG who has gone to the Church in Pieve and scanned complete images of all the baptism, marriage and burial records from the 1500's to the 1940's. His name is Dave Di Biasi. You should post over there as he is not a member here. He's given me wonderful leads on my own line.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Thanks James, I will certainly do that...Joe

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Joe!!! I just noticed you have DelFavero!! My great-grandmother Amelia Delfavero was ALSO born in Valle di Cadore.

Are you aware that all the Valle di Cadore Church records are up and online in database format?

Here is a page I made for my Delfavero line...

My great-grandmother Amelia Delfavero DaVia

We should talk We have common ancestors!

(The lines go back into the 1500's if you click on the arrows to the right)

We are both descended from Giovanni Marinello born 23 Jun 1646 and his wife Andreana Da Val born 24 March 1647. Me through their son Giacomo and you through their son Giovanni!!

We also both descend from Alvise Chiamulera, born 24 May 1617 and his wife Lucia.

Here is the 9 generation ancestry chart for your Giuseppina Delfavero

Giuseppina DelFavero De Maso

The list could go on....

Jim

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Heee's baaack....! Surprised

Calabria Exchange
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

WOW - THIS IS WHAT MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE....

Now we can really say that "Gente" is a 'family'!!!

I'll even give you a couple of bananas for that....

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Hi James,

Actually my wife is the DeMaso/DelFavero/DaGiau/... and yes you are quite right, I was just going thru our DelFavero ancesters. I actually found most of our family through the Roberto Piccioli web site. I need some time to go through your jamesbianco.com site. I have also been planning on uploading my Family Tree to Ancestry. That would give you a look at what I've got so far. My oldest entry is Antonia Chiamulera, b:12 May 1665 in Valle di Cadore. This is interesting James. I'll get my database uploaded tomorrow. Thanks, Joe B.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Bananas for everyone!

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
WOW - THIS IS WHAT MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE....

Now we can really say that "Gente" is a 'family'!!!

I'll even give you a couple of bananas for that....

Wow! Bananas too? I AM impressed! kiss

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Just a little something for this special occassion!!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBZVlPITTFY

ENJOY!!!

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

I cannot resist a good banana dance! party
(Welcome back James - we missed you!)

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Me neither..

Banana's for everyone..

party party party

Calabria Exchange
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:
Joe!!! I just noticed you have DelFavero!! My great-grandmother Amelia Delfavero was ALSO born in Valle di Cadore.

Are you aware that all the Valle di Cadore Church records are up and online in database format?

Here is a page I made for my Delfavero line...

My great-grandmother Amelia Delfavero DaVia

We should talk We have common ancestors!

(The lines go back into the 1500's if you click on the arrows to the right)

We are both descended from Giovanni Marinello born 23 Jun 1646 and his wife Andreana Da Val born 24 March 1647. Me through their son Giacomo and you through their son Giovanni!!

We also both descend from Alvise Chiamulera, born 24 May 1617 and his wife Lucia.

Here is the 9 generation ancestry chart for your Giuseppina Delfavero

Giuseppina DelFavero De Maso

The list could go on....

Jim

Hi again James,

I have just uploaded my Family Tree 2009 file to Ancestry via a Gedcom 5 file. I couldn't figure out how to transfer it's link to Gente, so I emailed it directly to you from Ancestry. What I did find was I have the daughter of Giuseppe Marinello, Giovanna b:9 Apr 1741. I'm afraid I don't go back to Giovanni Marinello b:23 Jun 1646 and Andreanna Da Val b: 24 Mar 1647. I also have a Simone Chiamulera b:01 Oct 1626. Can't quite connect the dots. Can you help? i'm sure you are related in some way.

Joe B.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Hmmm, is this it?

trees.ancestry.com/fhs...id=9459166

Just checking.... Joe B.

Page 3 of 8All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: