Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Latin translations

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Latin translations
For help with translating documents or writing letters.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Latin translations Reply with quote

Actually I do not necessarily need a translation but I would like to know what these documents are - I know they are extracts done for the processcetti of my great great great grandparents Francesco Nicastro and Isabella Fullone. I know his parents are Vincenzo and Stella DiLio and her parents are Saverio and Eugenia (di)Filippo. They lived in the rione of Santa Maria La Castagna and Parantoro.
I would like to know what these are, if they are baptisms the date of birth and any Godparent or relationship of other people and any other pertinent information you may think I would like.

Church extract 1

Church extract 2

Church extract 3

Thank you very much! Very Happy

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Church extract 1

L'anno del Signore 1779 il giorno 4 del mese di Settembre in Vaccarizzo. Io sottoscritto abbate di San Michele Arcangelo e rettore di questa abbadiale Chiesa Vaccariziana sotto il titolo di Santa Maria Vergine della visitazione battezzai un infante nato il giorno 2 dello stesso mese da Vincenzo Nicastro del fu Saverio e Stella Delio del fu Salvatore legittimi coniugi di questa curiale abbazia a cui fu imposto il nome di Francesco Salvatore. Matrina fu Anna Maria Santorio ostetrica, e in fede. Giuseppe Archiopoli Abbate e rettore.

L.
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Church extract 2

Stella Delio death's act. She died 1783, Februari the 4th at the age of 40 and she was already widow of the late Vincenzo Nicastro.

L.
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Church extract 3

Death certificate for Saverio Nicastro, who died on 1750 February 24th at the age 75 in his home, husband of Isabella Villeco(!).

L.
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Luca wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Church extract 1

L'anno del Signore 1779 il giorno 4 del mese di Settembre in Vaccarizzo. Io sottoscritto abbate di San Michele Arcangelo e rettore di questa abbadiale Chiesa Vaccariziana sotto il titolo di Santa Maria Vergine della visitazione battezzai un infante nato il giorno 2 dello stesso mese da Vincenzo Nicastro del fu Saverio e Stella Delio del fu Salvatore legittimi coniugi di questa curiale abbazia a cui fu imposto il nome di Francesco Salvatore. Matrina fu Anna Maria Santorio ostetrica, e in fede. Giuseppe Archiopoli Abbate e rettore.

L.

The Year of Our Lord 1779 the fourth day of the month of September in Vaccarizzo. I the undersigned abbot of San Michele Arcangelo and rector of this Chiesa Vaccariziana abbey under the title of Santa Maria Vergine of the Visitation have baptised an infant born on day 2 of the same month to
Vincenzo Nicastro of the late Saverio and Stella Delio of the late Salvatore, a legally married couple of this curial abbey to who has been given the name of Francesco Salvatore. Matrina (godmother?) was Anna Maria Santorio midwife, in faith. Giuseppe Archiopoli Abbot and Rector.

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Woo hoo!! *does dance* At least I have their father's names now - and 1 mother's name too! Vaccarizzo! What were they doing there?! Hmmm... Thank you so much! I hope you do not mind more! Embarassed I think I must have Vincenzo's death here somewhere.
Thank you both so much!

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

I am not sure, but this document appears to be the baptism of Isabella Angela Fullone. Am I right? Is there a birth date on here?
Isabella Fullone
Again, thank you.

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Sorry to be so needy here Embarassed More Latin documents that I do not know what they are. These are from Isabella Fullone's family.
Isabella 1

Isabella 2

This document is in Italian and I understand most of it. But there is something in the document I want to verify that I am understanding it correctly. It is about the town. It says "Luigi Calomino marito di Isabella Fullone nato en S.(anta) Maria La Catagna Rione di San Fili"! Surprised Do I understand correctly?! Santa Maria La Castagna was a rione or frazinone of San Fili and not Montalto during this time period? Is there a possibility this is incorrect? If so, I guess I must order early San Fili films too! Crying or Very sad
Thanks again!

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Isabella Fullone

Birth act about Isabella Angela Fullone, daughter of Saverio and Eugenia Defilippo, born 1782, October 8th in Santa Maria La Castagna.

L'anno del Signore 1782, il giorno 8 del mese di Ottobre nel paese di Santa Maria, volgarmente chiamato Santa Maria La Castagna.
Io D. Stefano Giudice Andrea economo di questo paese battezzai una bambina nata da Saverio Fullone e Eugenia Defilippo coniugi di questa parrocchia alla quale fu imposto il nome di Isabella Angela. Commare fu Anna Caparda di questa parrocchia, in fede.
D. Stefano Giudice Andrea economo.

L.
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Isabella 1
Saverio Fullone's death act: 1796, February 23, age 45.

L'anno del signore 1796 il giorno 23 del mese di Febbraio nel paese di Santa Maria volgarmente detto La Castagna Saverio Fullone, marito di Eugenia Filippo, dell'età di anni 45 circa, nella casa di sua solita abitazione, in comunione con la Santa Madre Chiesa rese la sua anima a Dio roborato di tutti i sacramenti necessari alla salute [della sua anima], il suo corpo nella Chiesa Sacramentale sotto il nome di Santa Maria della neve, non rispettando gli statuti, fu sepolto. In fede, Don Vincenzo Stella economo.

Luca
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Thank you Luca!! Very Happy As always you are totally awesome! Too bad it does not mention Saverio's parents names. Crying or Very sad

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Isabella 2
Death act for Carlo Fullone, age 70, husband of Maria Miceli, departed 1782 September 9th in his home in Santa Maria La Castagna.

L.
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:

This document is in Italian and I understand most of it. But there is something in the document I want to verify that I am understanding it correctly. It is about the town. It says "Luigi Calomino marito di Isabella Fullone nato en S.(anta) Maria La Catagna Rione di San Fili"! Surprised Do I understand correctly?! Santa Maria La Castagna was a rione or frazinone of San Fili and not Montalto during this time period? Is there a possibility this is incorrect? If so, I guess I must order early San Fili films too! Crying or Very sad
Thanks again!
It's not clear if San Fili is a Rione of Santa Maria La Castagna or, rather, if Santa Maria La Castagna is a rione of San Fili, but i think you are right because San Fili is bigger than S. M. La Castagna and, maybe, in that period it was under the parish of San Fili.

L.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Thank you Luca! San Fili was and is a comune. Santa Maria La Castagna was never a comune so, yes I think I was correct. Around 1800-1808 a frazinone of Montalto named Buchita was given to San Fili - perhaps it was a trade? Another frazinone of Montalto (San Benedetto) became it's own comune. I think a lot of borders moved around in Cosenza during this time period.
Thank you so much for all your wonderful help.

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Latin translations Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
... Another frazinone of Montalto

Frazione Wink

L.
  Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: