Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › My relatives in US

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
My relatives in US

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Emil Beretta and Teresa Nicolazzi

1925 Iowa census information.
Teresa Baretta 48
Emil Baretta 60 Emil's parents John (Giovanni) Beretta and Johana (Giovanna?)
John Baretta 21

Page 1
img197.imageshack.us/i...ta1925.jpg
Page 2
img339.imageshack.us/i...a19252.jpg

Federico Sacco's brother John on same pages.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb

Last edited by Biff83 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Hey Biff!! Very Happy

Very nice finds and thanks for explaining the numbers on the manifest. I'm going to dig through Footnote and see what I can find for naturalization records.

Have you ever come across a W after a womans name on a manifest where it should either be S for single or M for married? It was definately a W and not an M so my assumption is (W)idowed. Let me know if I'm correct or not.

Also having a difficult time with the Mascagni surname Confused I've found a couple of variations on the name but they don't seem to fit. I'll keep working on it. Smile

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
Have you ever come across a W after a womans name on a manifest where it should either be S for single or M for married? It was definately a W and not an M so my assumption is (W)idowed. Let me know if I'm correct or not.

Also having a difficult time with the Mascagni surname Confused I've found a couple of variations on the name but they don't seem to fit. I'll keep working on it. Smile

I'm sure the W would mean widowed. I'll see if I can find anything on the Mascagni family.

Biff

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Based on the Iowa destination and the Sacco connection, I'm guessing these are the correct Mascagni's.

Galileo Mascagni 1909 ship manifest
Birthplace: Lizzano of Belvedere, province of Bologna
Leaves mother Angelina in Italy
Destination Rathburn Iowa to brother in law Joe? Sacco
Page 1
www.ellisisland.org/EI...&line=0013
Page 2
www.ellisisland.org/EI...&line=0013

Brother Serafino's 1910 manifest
Joining Galileo in Centreville Iowa
Page 1
www.ellisisland.org/EI...&line=0005
Page 2
www.ellisisland.org/EI...&line=0005

Biff

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

uantiti wrote:

Another relative was SACCO FEDERICO (aka Fredrick and also Fred), born Jul 18,1903 in Bogogno. I have ship manifest for him. In 1915 he lived in Appanoose County with his father Vince Sacco (also spelt Succo), mother Maria Guglielmetti, two brothers John and Attilio(aka Albert).
He married MARIE but I don't know when and who she is. I know who his brothers got married to (other relatives of mine) and would like to know what's her maiden name. Footnote lists them in Glencoe Village, Cook County, Illinois but I don't have the image.
I know they had a daughter: Dolores.
Would it be possible to find something on MARIE?

Thank you for any help.

Ada

1930 census for Fred and Marie Sacco. Puts her birth about 1908/09 and states she came 1913 and him in 1914.

Still looking for ifno on Marie and Federico

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

I found two manifests in 1896 for Mascagni families... same ship...all going to Arkansas. As a matter of fact most of the people on board were going to Arkansas.

Ada -

Are these the right Mascagni's ?

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

ADA!!! I just found Fred Sacco and it says he is still alive at age 106 Shocked Shocked Shocked living in Northfield Illinois. You said you found the graves for him and his wife......I wonder who this guy is think

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

OMG! You two must have spent a lot of time on ship manifests and Census! I had a busy weekend and didn't have time to open my PC but it seems you did a lot of work for me. Thank you very much.

Elisa, I had many of those manifests. Some of them don't seem to have connections with my family but I will go through them to see if they are related in some ways and let you know.
Biff, census give a lot of information. Thank you for having gone into more depth with Giuseppe Guglielmetti's life, he wasn't very lucky, was he? I will make comments on what you found but..........It's midnight and must go to bed. I'm realizing that I cannot think rationally.
I'll write tomorrow. Again thank you very much for spending so much time to search.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

1915 census card for Frederico (Federico) Sacco.

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Biff83 wrote:
Here's the 1930 census for Federico Sacco and wife Marie. Based on the age at first marriage, they were married about 1927. Marie was born in Italy about 1909 and emigrated in 1913.

I searched the Cook County marriages for Saccos but nothing on Federico.

img71.imageshack.us/im...co1930.jpg

Biff

All what I found in the past on Marie Sacco, besides her tombstone picture was her SSDI:

SACCO, MARIE

Birth Date: 24 Aug 1908 (Historical Events)
Death Date: May 1974 (Historical Events)
Issuing State: IL
Residence at Death: WINNETKA, COOK, IL 60093
SSN: 342-30-9740

I'm sure it's her as birth and death years match with what's written on the tombstone. Her tomstone just looks exactly like Fred's one

Marie

and

Fred

I think she might be related to my family or one of the families that were in Appanoose county but without her maiden name I don't know who she was. They might have married in Centerville, Appanoose, Iowa.
Fred's brothers did. I know who his brothers married (other relatives) but I'll talk about that later otherwise it might became very confusing.
All those towns, such as Rathburn, Vermillion, Jerom, etc., are just few miles from Centerville. It looks they were moving according to jobs but staying in the area and as you can see all families used to move together. When you find a census for one you see other families next door.

Billie, I'm sure Fred died on 1990, I found his SSDI. I noticed that when you search on Intelius or other searching websites they give the age although they are dead.

I'll take a look at the rest now. I'll be back. Thank you.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:

Angela Agazzone line 23 arrival dec. 1 1914 ship is verona going to husband Giuseppe Guglelmetti Centerville Iowa. Traveling with child (Gelsomina Guglielmetti) and 3 people also going to Iowa but to Rathburn Iowa. Maria Guglielmetti and children Attilio Sacco and Federico Sacco lines 20-22

Also dec. 1 1914 different manifest line 6 Angelo Agazzone (father paolo still in bogogna) ship is verona. Leaving genoa going to centerville iowa to brother in law luigi nicolozzi

maria agazzone line 22 left le havre apr 19, 1913 arrived apr 28 1913 (father paolo) going to her sister Maria Agazzone in centerville ship is s.s. rochambeau
on same manifest line 1 centerville iowa Rocco Sacco going to brother in law genesio Sacco
on same manifest line 3 centerville iowa Luigi Sacco going to cousin luigi nicolazzi
on same manifest line 4 centerville iowa Federico Sacco going to cousin antonio marchino (mystic iowa)
on same manifest line 8 centerville iowa Rocco Tasone going to cousin antonio ?????

same ship and dates different manifest
luigi sacco his wife caterina sacco is still in italy luigi is going to brother in law genasso sacco in diamond iowa

I had the above manifests and yes they are relatives. I have their records in Italy (births, marriages, parents, brothers, etc.) as I have LDS rolls for their town. That Federico Sacco travelling with one of his brothers (Attilio) and mother Maria Guglielmetti, is the one who became Fred and married Marie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angelo sacco/nicolazzi arrived feb 26 1905 left le havre on feb. 18 1905 line 9 traveling with his mother on line8
maria sacco going to her husband and his father angelo nicolazzi in mendota iowa(also says cincinatti iowa??) the people above on lines 5, 6 and 7 are going to the same place also but says they are from Shurane?? their last name is Ugero and they are going to their daughter/sister maria ugero
also the person on line 10 last name vigotti from Shurane and going to friend carlo ugero.

Here I know Sacco and Nicolazzi but not those listed as Ugero in fact they are from another town. The clerck who wrote mispellled it very badly. According to that surname (Uggero), I believe the town is Ghemme, just a few miles from Bogogno. They knew each other for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eusebio Beretta arrived mar. 13, 1905 left le havre line 9 ship is s.s. la touraine left havre march 4th 1905
going to his brother massimo beretta on 24th st.
also line 8 is from novaro name is giovanni benzio both going to NYC to his cousin Mario Battesta? on 27th st.
whats interesting on this manifest is that lines 1, 2 and 3 giovanni battistello, elisa maria battistello and niece
maria battistello are all going to centerville iowa to his son giovanni battistello in centerville iowa they are from Vicenza.

Francesca Bertone arrived feb 7 1898 left le havre jan. 29th line 4 going to w. hoboken nj going to join her son
but doesn't give his name says from novara ship was the s.s. la gossogne also on same manifest from novara are lines
5 through 9 are antonio mello, lavicca, emilia, ida and battistina all from novara going to w. hoboken nj antonio was
in the usa before in cyc??? or gyc??? and they are going to giuseppe ass??? or uss?? in ny
line 12 also from novaro antonio alsera not sure if it says he died on trip or not was here before from 1893-1897

These people are not my relatives .

Rosa Carbonati arrived 1914 line 3 arrived may 15 1914 left genova 29th of apr. going to her ??? cant read it
Giuseppe Origoni can't read his address or town either think the state is Texas maybe Montague Texas (first page).
Second page says somewhere else in Texas for Giuseppe.
Rosa leaves her mother teresa in bogogno also says she had been here from 1892 to 1907.

Here is another mystery to solve. Rosa Carbonati, (daughter to Giovanni Carbonati and Teresa Castelletta) travelled with her mother, my maternal ggdfather Luigi Carbonati and Rosa Sacco (listed as R. Succo wife to Luigi Guglielmetti who was in US already) in 1893. Rosa and ggfather's surname was mispelled and written "Cirbonati". Lines 403, 404, 405, 406.

T. Castelletta and others

Giovanni and Teresa Carbonati had two children in Osage City in 1895 and 1896. They moved to Montague, Texas and had other children there. One of them died, her tombstone is on Find a Grave (Eva Carbonati). The first born in Montague was Caterina (Nov 1898). They all came back to Italy around 1907.
Rosa left Italy and went back to Montague on ship "Regina d'Italia" arrived NY on May 16, 1914. She was reaching her fiancé Giuseppe Arrigoni. She was also "Held for special inquiry" (as lpc: likely to become a public charge).There is a 1920 census listing them in Montague together with Giuseppe's brother Jaccaria (real name was Zaccaria) but I don't have the image. Zaccaria went to Italy in 1920 and married Caterina. They both left Italy and went to Montague, arrived NY Dec 19, 1921 reaching brother Giuseppe. She declares she was born in Bogogno but it's wrong, she was born in Montague. From this moment they all disappeared. I only found listed on Ancestry a Rosa Carbonati Arrigoni arriving in Boston. I think it's her and wonder where she was going as I don't have the image

Billie, this is a part of what you listed. I will post another part later on.
Thank you also for census and other images.

Biff, thank you for all what you posted, they are all concerning my relatives.

Ada

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Biff83 wrote:

1925 Iowa census information.
Teresa Baretta 48
Emil Baretta 60 Emil's parents John (Giovanni) Beretta and Johana (Giovanna?)
John Baretta 21

Page 1
img197.imageshack.us/i...ta1925.jpg
Page 2
img339.imageshack.us/i...a19252.jpg

Biff

Thank you for this Biff. I think Emil (Emilio) Beretta could have been from a town called Brusnengo which is about 20 miles from Bogogno. I saw many Berettas coming from Brusnengo. On a census he declared he arrived in US in 1890 and I think there should be a manifest on Castle Garden. May be he had some friends with him. Also I noticed he had often boarders or neighbourgs called Poverello (sometimes written Porello) Paul and Tony. This surname is for sure from Brusnengo so they might have been all from the same town. I will check if other Berettas leave a father called Giovanni in Italy.

Ada

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

uantiti wrote:

Giovanni and Teresa Carbonati had two children in Osage City in 1895 and 1896. They moved to Montague, Texas and had other children there. One of them died, her tombstone is on Find a Grave (Eva Carbonati). The first born in Montague was Caterina (Nov 1898). They all came back to Italy around 1907.
Rosa left Italy and went back to Montague on ship "Regina d'Italia" arrived NY on May 16, 1914. She was reaching her fiancé Giuseppe Arrigoni. She was also "Held for special inquiry" (as lpc: likely to become a public charge).There is a 1920 census listing them in Montague together with Giuseppe's brother Jaccaria (real name was Zaccaria) but I don't have the image. Zaccaria went to Italy in 1920 and married Caterina. They both left Italy and went to Montague, arrived NY Dec 19, 1921 reaching brother Giuseppe. She declares she was born in Bogogno but it's wrong, she was born in Montague. From this moment they all disappeared. I only found listed on Ancestry a Rosa Carbonati Arrigoni arriving in Boston. I think it's her and wonder where she was going as I don't have the image.

Ada here is the 1920 census you're missing and the manifest for Rosa. She is traveling with her husband Giuseppe and lists the town they go back to as Nocone (Nocona) Texas. I'm searching for a census now.

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

uantiti wrote:
Biff83 wrote:

Not only John but also Albert whose real name was Attilio. Listed as son but it's wrong it should be listed as brother. You can see on the second page that their father was Vance (Vincenzo) and mother Guglielmetti Mary/Sacco Mary.
Biff

Ada

Last edited by uantiti on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:

Ada here is the 1920 census you're missing and the manifest for Rosa. She is traveling with her husband Giuseppe and lists the town they go back to as Nocone (Nocona) Texas. I'm searching for a census now.

I hope their neighbours are Caterina (Catherine or Kate) and Zaccaria Arrigoni. I know that the Arrigonis were related to the Carminati family. Giuseppe went to US in 1907 and declared he was going to her aunt Carminati Cecilia (maiden name Vitali, sister to Giuseppe's mother). Arrigonis and Carminatis were from the province of Bergamo, East of Milan. May be if you get census for Carminatis there could be Arrigonis next door. Sometimes Arrigoni name was mispelled in Orrigoni or Origoni. Unfortunately it's a very common surname and many went to US.

Thanks a lot.

Ada

Page 2 of 5All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: