Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Hello,
I would like to let you know that descendants of people who lived and grew up in the territories of ex Austrian-Hungarian Empire (now territories of Italy, for example Trentino Alto Adige area) can apply for italian dual citizenship only if their ancestors left their homeland before July 16th 1920.

www.trentininelmondo.i...gale2.aspx

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo kiss

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Thanks Riccardo! Can we post this topic con the General Discussion Board where everyone can see it? I think it would be useful.

Calabria Exchange
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Yes, please add it to the General Discussion Group
bye Riccardo

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
rosanna
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
I have been trying to find the comune in Trentino,my great grandfather was born in for what seems like for ever.
He left Trentino in about 1868 for New Zealand..
His name was Giovanni Franco or Francesco Cristina/Christina b. 18nov 1848.
His mother was Santa Luchi. The family name is now Christini, all the the Christini's in New Zealand are the descendants of Giovanni Cristina.
All the documents we have say he came from Trento,Town fo Tyrol or Tyrol, but mostly Trento,Austria.
I have written to Provincia Autonoma di Trento,Archivio di stato,Comune di Tirolo,Comune di Trento and numerous other comunes. it seems unless I know the comune they can't search for the birth notice!which is understandable but extremely frustrating!
Does any one have a suggestion please!
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Hi Rosanna,

Please read the link I'm providing. I will do a bit more research and post back. Hopefully with the correct location for you to search for the birth act.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...3%BCdtirol

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Rosanna,

LDS has microfilms for church records dating from 1618 to 1924
Trentino-Alto Adige Bolzano - Tirolo - Taufen (Baptizmal records) - Heiraten (marriage records) - Tote (death)
Here is the link.

www.familysearch.org/e...chenbuch++

Before you order your films I'd like Riccardo, Carole, Livio, Nuccia etc. - someone with more knowledge than I, to take a look and make sure I am correct.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Last name Franco and Cristina are very popular in the region of Trentino Alto Adige.
If he states in his papers to come from Trento, it means that maybe we suppose to check every single church in Trento in order to get his baptismal record. In Trento and surrounding areas there are about 43 churches

www.parrocchie.it/gear...order=nome

I suggest you to write to the archive in Innsbruck in order to see if they have any of his military record

www.landesarchiv-bw.de...rub2_1.php

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

rosanna
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your replies.The suggestion made are good ones.I really needed your expertise.
Today I am going to start with the letters to the 43 churches for a baptisimal notice. I have a format for various letters in italian but not one requesting the baptismal notice.Help please?
Does anyone know where the boats left Northern Italy/Europe to come down under-New Zealand Australia?
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Wait Rosanna!!!!

There is not need to write to every single church of Trento!!!
There is the Archive of Archidiocese of Trento keep the microfilm of church of 223 villages belonging to the province of Trento.
Local government is spending € 93,000 to transcribe them all on a excel file.
I attendent that archive just yesterday (you can attend it only taking an appointment to have a look up on microfilms, before yesterday I waited one month).
While I was there there were 3 people transribing on the computer.
These are the addresses were you need to write.....And say that you need the certificate and or copy of record to apply for citizenship, so your request will go on a faster lane

Provincia Autonoma di Trento
Servizio Emigrazione e Solidarietà internazionale
VIA JACOPO ACONCIO, 5 - 38100 TRENTO - ITALIA
E-mail: serv.emigr-sol.int @ provincia.tn.it
Tel. +39 0461 493154
Fax +39 0461 493155

Archivio Diocesano Tridentino
piazza Fiera, 2 -38100 Trento
tel. 0461 891113 - fax 0461/891201
direttore: don Livio Sparapani
aiuto archivista: Katia Pizzini
archivio @ arcidiocesi.trento.it

Write you request in english and we will translate it into italian
Let us know
bye Riccardo

ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Rosanna I give you a tip, LUCHI last name is from Valsugana area
bye Riccardo

rosanna
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Me again!
Have just been reading over some of the replies I have received from letters I wrote last year requesting Lista di Leva from Archivio di Stato Bolzano, They say: nel nostro Archivio non e conservata la documentazione relativa al Suo antenato.La documentazione militare parte dall'anno di nascita 1875.
Does this mean they did not document it before 1875 or there wasn't military service before 1875? My g.grand father would have been 20 in 1867.
I am asking because I have drafted a letter to Landes Archiv in Innesbruck
requesting a military record(Lista di Leva?) but want to be sure before I press the send button.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

rosanna,

Riccardo or Livio would be able to answer this question...but unfortunately, most of our Italian members are now sleeping. I'm sure they'll reply soon though.

Calabria Exchange
rosanna
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Thanks Riccardo,
I am happy I don't have to write to 43 churches!
I will write a letter and post it soon for you to translate.

Rosanna
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

rosanna wrote:
Me again!
Have just been reading over some of the replies I have received from letters I wrote last year requesting Lista di Leva from Archivio di Stato Bolzano, They say: nel nostro Archivio non e conservata la documentazione relativa al Suo antenato.La documentazione militare parte dall'anno di nascita 1875.
Does this mean they did not document it before 1875 or there wasn't military service before 1875? My g.grand father would have been 20 in 1867.
I am asking because I have drafted a letter to Landes Archiv in Innesbruck
requesting a military record(Lista di Leva?) but want to be sure before I press the send button.

Rosanna, Bolzano state archive and Trento state archive have abstract of military papers from around 1872-1875.
The most important think is to understand what was the right last name of your ancestor: FRANCO OR CRISTINA????
Those years as above are considered as birth years, so write to Lands Archive in Innsbruck where there are kept the military records of the men belonging to the Austrian - Hungarian Empire.
I hope I was clear
bye Riccardo

rosanna
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Reply with quote

Letter for translation to Servizio Emigrazione e Solidarieta Internazionale

My name is Rosanna Christini,I am a descendant of Giovanni Franco/ Francesco Cristina who left Italy in 1868 to go to New Zealand.
I wish to apply for Italian citizenship and require the birth certificate of my g.great grandfather. I do not know the comune he was born in but wish to request a search for the birth act.
Giovanni Franco/ Francesco Cristina was born in Trento or Trento Alto Adige on 18 November 1847/48. His father was Giovanni Cristina and his mother was Santa Luchi.
Thankyou for your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Letter for Arcidiocesi, Don Livio Sparapani

My name is Rosanna Christini,I am the g.grand daughter of Giovanni Franco/Francesco Cristina. He was born on 18 November 18 47/48 in Trento.His father was Giovanni Cristina and his mother was Santa Luchi.
I would be very grateful if you would search the records for the Baptismal record in the parishes of Trento.
I need this information to locate the comune my g.grandfather was born in so I can obtain a birth certificate and make an application for Italian citizenship.
Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you.
  Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: