Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Who's really the Dork?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Who's really the Dork? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:39 pm
    ----
Well,

I did it again! I blew up my PC but I'm kinda glad. I think it's time to re invest in a new one. At this point, this is the only working PC out of four in the house...

I guess, as James said, that stupid virus did more damage then I originally thought.

Will keep you all posted..meanwhile if anyone needs anything plase ask Carole.

kiss

#2: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:43 pm
    ----
I think (and Nuccia don't you delete this... or I will *Whap* you Liz style) that we should all start a Nuccia PC fund. I mean after all what would we do without her??

#3: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:26 pm
    ----
James, I'm in.

#4: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:46 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Well,

I did it again! I blew up my PC

I hate it when that happens neclord

I agree Jim!

#5: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:05 am
    ----
kiss kiss kiss

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

#6: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:01 am
    ----
I'm in!! It's time she get a new PC and stop fooling around with that dinosaur!!

#7: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:37 pm
    ----
I'm in!

#8: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:49 pm
    ----
Just to let you know that I've just talked to Nuccia on the 'phone and 'til she gets her PC sorted out this is what she is having to use :

Just so everyone understands that she is unable to play a full part on the board for another couple of days! So DO be patient - all will be resolved!

#9: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:52 pm
    ----
Oh my! Isn't her arm getting tired?! Shocked

#10: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:02 pm
    ----
Yes, my arm is very tired! And so is the rest of me. Been pricing computers for the last few days and I have even logged in and posted from some of the PC's I tried out. God, some are amazing....

I think I have found one I'm interested in..will know tomorrow.

#11: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 pm
    ----
Where would I be without you? I'm in kiss

#12: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:15 pm
    ----
If all goes well Nuccia should have her new computer later today... though I'm not absolutely certain. She will then have to spend some time setting it up and getting her important files and stuff loaded. In addition she's going to have to tackle Vista - now that should be interesting!

I would, from a personal viewpoint, like to thank those of you who so kindly offered to club together to help towards the cost of a replacement computer for her. It is,as I see, it - and as I told Nuccia last night - a sure sign of the esteem and love that you feel for her.

Personally I have never seen anyoneso committed to what she does, or who works so hard and for such long hours. I have told her time and again that she MUST slow down or she will be heading for nervous exhaustion. For that reason I know that many of you will take this into consideration before seeking answers or help from her BEFORE trying a post on one of our forums..

I'm sure once she is 'up and running' again she will tell you all - mind you we will all probably hear her yell when she boots up for the first time with her 'new toy'!!!

#13: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:14 pm
    ----
Great news.... Vista is not too much different (I just got a new PC for Christmas) and I kind of like the look and feel of it.

The only thing is I swear Microsoft rigged it so that it's not so Mozilla friendly. Half the Java Enhanced sites I go to crash with Firefox and need to be re-opened with IE. ugh...

Can't wait till your back in full force Nuccia!!

We miss you Smile

#14: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:16 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
I have told her time and again that she MUST slow down or she will be heading for nervous exhaustion. For that reason I know that many of you will take this into consideration before seeking answers or help from her BEFORE trying a post on one of our forums..

I couldn't agree more Carole!

Nice to have you back Nuccia kiss

#15: Re: Who's really the Dork? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 pm
    ----
Well, I bought the new PC tonight but I won't be able to pick up the tower until tomorrow. I am having a restore/recovery disk made because as I see it, if I crash the damn thing (which I am quite good at) I want a legit back up...

Of course, I won't get it until late and then I probably won't set it up as Carole says until late Friday night, or Saturday sometime. Then to get my files out of the old PC, load in the anti virus, play with the options and pray FTM16 works in it...It should be a weekend affair.

Thank you all for all your kind offers and support and of course, to Carole, my Guardian Angel who once again has come to my rescue! kiss Although I had to admit, I'm going to miss the twice a day phone calls from Italy..I was starting to feel important!!! Very Happy

-> General Discussion Groups