Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife
-> General Discussion Groups

#31: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:57 pm
    ----
Check out this amazing site John, they have the indexes to Sambuca births 1875-1899.

hometown.aol.com/cmags...index.html

There is a Giorgio born in 1882 son of Nicolo
and a Giorgio born 1885 son of Salvatore

You can order the microfilm to view the original or contact the site admin.

#32: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:56 pm
    ----

Sorry - but are you sure that's the right link James?

I get an AOL/eBay page when I open it...

#33: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:02 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:

Sorry - but are you sure that's the right link James?

I get an AOL/eBay page when I open it...

Hm....

Try this:

Sambuca, Agrigento, Sicily Birth Record Index

Wow.... it almost looks like they took it down now from the time I posted it.

ugh...

how bout this way...

members.aol.com/cmags1...index.html

#34: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:31 pm
    ----
Its the right link...its on the AOL system but all the links are there. I just checked. Cool sight James..you rock!

#35: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:35 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Its the right link...its on the AOL system but all the links are there. I just checked. Cool sight James..you rock!

She needs a Nuccia makeover! AOL pages are sooo 1998.

Smile

#36: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 pm
    ----
Oh God..no, not now! I have other sites to finish!! LOL Wink Wink

#37: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:53 pm
    ----
Thank you that is a great site...BUT...now I wonder if Sambuca is the right place...maybe we have the wrong Giorgio....!!!!!

I know my Giorgio had the following siblings who lived in the Chicago area at some time:

Nick
Joe(maybe, not sure if there was a Joe for sure will find out)
Alex
Cola

None of the Giorgio birth records and named parent collaborate with any of the sibling names above. For example, the Salvatore who had Giorgio in 1885 seems to have had other children NOT listed above...???

#38: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:55 pm
    ----
I am starting to wonder if my Chicago relatives used alias names to avoid detection maybe they were with Capone!!! lol

#39: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:13 pm
    ----
I started a new post on Giorgio since this was suppose to be for his wife....thanks!

#40: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:04 am
    ----
We found the marriage license for Giorgio Gigliotta and Lena, here is what it states...

Giorgio Gigliotto(sic) and Antonina Accardo married Feb 15, 1903.

#41: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:46 am
    ----
Just to let everyone know I posted about Giorgio's wife Antonina Accardo on IG (thought I would give you guys a break!!!) and there are a lot of interesting things I found out! Check it out when you have time...

As a result I was able to locate family in Rockford Ill that I mom remembers visiting when she was just a child. Well we called them last night and my Mom was crying with joy she found out the girl she visited with as a child is still alive and well and we now have lots of answers and questions to discuss for months!!!

If anyone ever needs a reason to do family research tell them to contact me! This is a wonderful thing that happened last night and could not have done without your help James/Elizabeth/Laura/Livo/and whoever I am forgetting I am sorry!

#42: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 am
    ----
I read IG a couple times a day and I saw all the progress you had there. Congrats! Your next step should be ordering the microfilms from these new towns you have found (Sambuca & Salaparuta) and start tracing your lines backward using the original records. You can't believe how exiting it is to see the originals!

Salaparuta Births,Marriages,Deaths LDS Film #'s

Sambuca Births, Marriages,Deaths LDS Film#'s

Check and see if there is a Family History Center near you. Sometimes they even have Saturday and Evening hours. You won't regret it!

#43: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:02 am
    ----
James thanks yes I have and still am doing the microfilms, I have been focused on Bagheria finding my LaBarbera records but will defintely followup on Sambuca and Salaparuta!

I also found out that a relative named Tony Accardo (google him) was Capone's right hand man and successor, which may explain the many alias' that run on that side!! Maybe I need to research FBI records instead of Family History Center! LOL!

#44: Re: Giorgio Gigliotta Wife Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:53 pm
    ----
I had read the IG site John, congrats on all your progress. I agree with Jim about ordering the films. I'll be anxious to see what you turn up.

-> General Discussion Groups