Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please?
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:53 pm
    ----
Liz I wonder if you could possibly try and tidy up this photograph for me please? This is my mother Muriel, in her Girl Guide uniform, standing beside her mother - my grandmother Nina (aka Naughty Nina) who, it would seem, is showing off her (latest?) [img][/img] wedding ring!.

It is the only photo I have found of Nina, but it has seen better days. I imagine that this was taken in the mid twenties at their home in Islington in London.

Last edited by Carole on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:41 pm
    ----
Hi Carole, I would more than happy to help to clean this picture for you. Do you by any chance have a bigger scan of it? If so, you are welcome to email it to me (esharp02@hotmail.com), it's easier to work on details when the image is scanned much bigger than what you have it here.

Liz Cool

#3: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:45 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:

Wow Carole, your Mom was a real dish!!!

Smile

#4: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:35 am
    ----
chanchisfea wrote:
Hi Carole, I would more than happy to help to clean this picture for you. Do you by any chance have a bigger scan of it? If so, you are welcome to email it to me (esharp02@hotmail.com), it's easier to work on details when the image is scanned much bigger than what you have it here.
Liz Cool

Thank you so much Liz...I'll try a larger scan, but this was a 200% scan. The actual photo is only a quarter of the size shown here I'm afraid. If I can't manage to increase it any more - should I send this scan to you via e-mail?

#5: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:43 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
Carole wrote:

Wow Carole, your Mom was a real dish!!!

Smile

Yes she was a 'bit of a dish' wasn't she James - Thank you kiss .

But on reflection I think 'maybe' it was taken later than I first thought. If it WAS the mid twenties she would have only been about 12 - but from the 'service stars' and and 'leaders stripes' on her uniform, not to mention her height, I think she must have been at least 15 or 16...and just think - I still have that Guides belt that she is seen wearing here!

#6: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:42 pm
    ----
Carole, here is the cleaned up version of your picture. I hope you like Wink

Liz Cool

#7: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:35 pm
    ----
Oh my Liz... that is amazing. It is so satisfying to be able to see 'Nina' together with my mother in a photograph that (finally) doesn't look as if it had been pulled out of a trash bin.

I so hope that IF I am lucky enough to ever find any living relatives that this picture may just ring some bells about Nina (Muriel 1) and her daughter - Muriel 2...

Mille grazie kiss

#8: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:53 pm
    ----
Great work Liz.

#9: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:00 am
    ----
Amazing work Liz! As always! kiss

#10: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:09 pm
    ----
You're welcome Carole Smile

Thank you girls! you are too kind *whap* Wink

(((It's almost whap whap friday!!!!)))

Liz Cool

#11: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:41 pm
    ----
I just put up a page on the new Carini Exchange about my own grandmother who I guess we can call "Naughty Lena". She was pretty bad, adultery, wife swapping, lieing to her kids about their true father. Of course I left all these details out on the page. But boy! was she a doozie...

"Naughty Lena"

Shocked

#12: Re: Naughty Nina...can you clean her up - please? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:41 am
    ----
Wow - these grandmothers eh James? What stories they could have told (and in Nina's case - did tell)!

But I noticed a strange coincidence in your story - your 'Lena' died in Westfield..... well my paternal grandmother (not 'Nina') died in Westfield too. But Westield in Sussex, England. But she probably died (aged 58) from exhaustion - 17 children of which 13 survived.

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop