Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exhange
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exhange Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:55 pm
    ----
Just today my cousin Angelina finished extracting the last of The Carini Church marriages (1704-1728). The exiting part is that we now have, on site the complete marriage extractions for the period 1568-1905!

337 Years and 16,887 Marriages!!! Every marriage which occurred in Carini during those years is now Extracted into Excel!

The only gap (apart from a dozen or so pages not microfilmed for the entire period) is 1611-1615 which suffered water damage.

Here is the link if anyone wishes to see the file:

Carini Church Record Extractions

The original images can be found here:

Carini Church Records Original Images

Jim

Last edited by JamesBianco on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:59 pm
    ----
Way to go Jim and Angelina!

I can't wait to have a look. Will do that tonight. Very Happy

#3: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exhange Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:08 pm
    ----
Congratulations James, you are such a Wonderful person and researcher, I wish you my best to you and your co workers.
You gave me the idea to do the same thing, starting to transcribe all the civil records about the town of Trapani, I will start to transcribe birth, marriage and death record of Trapani for the year 1820.
I hope I can do this in 3 weeks.
bye Riccardo

#4: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:43 am
    ----
Congratulations

Cugino James this is great news. Cugina Angelina great job. You guys are the best.

Wink
Vincenza

#5: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:07 am
    ----
James!!! AMAZING!! Great job you and Angelina did! WHOO HOO!! Congratulations to you both. I am curious though, how many years did it take to do all the Carini research? (I think you know why I am curious.)

Last edited by Cathy on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exhange Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:15 am
    ----
James, you and Angelina have done a wonderful job and I'm sure your time and efforts will be appreciated by many for many, many, many years to come. Excellent!!!

I wish someone from the town the family I'm researching from have done something like what you have done...come to think of it, I guess could try to tackle something like what you have done. Maybe some day... Very Happy

Liz

#7: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:16 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
James!!! AMAZING!! Great job you and Angelina did! WHOO HOO!! Congratulations to you both. I am curious though, how many years did it take to do all the Carini research? (I think you know why I am curious.)
I really miss those emoticon now!! Imagine the wave, and the banana party here!

for sure banana party

#8: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 am
    ----
I've been thinking (uh oh - look out! Shocked ) and with all the research you have done on Carini, why don't you post something in the news section of this forum. I think it is a really nice feature and we should use it. And this is definitely newsworthy! I would think of all the people on this forum you should be the first one with a "news item" about Carini You have done so much research and you have inspired me to continue when I was ready to give up. I think you may be the inspiration for Riccardo too, now that he has decided to take on Trapani. Just a thought.

#9: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:16 am
    ----
ricbru wrote:
Congratulations James, you are such a Wonderful person and researcher, I wish you my best to you and your co workers.
You gave me the idea to do the same thing, starting to transcribe all the civil records about the town of Trapani, I will start to transcribe birth, marriage and death record of Trapani for the year 1820.
I hope I can do this in 3 weeks.
bye Riccardo

Wow, with a city the size of Trapani that will be a huge project!! I am so glad you are doing this, I think too few records for Italy are available online to people who don't have access to the Mormon Microfilms.

If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know!!

Jim

#10: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:17 am
    ----
Vincenza wrote:
Congratulations

Cugino James this is great news. Cugina Angelina great job. You guys are the best.

Wink
Vincenza

Cugina Angelina is my hero!!!! She really is. Smile

#11: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:22 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
I really miss those emoticon now!! Imagine the wave, and the banana party here!

Less time than you think, since for about 2 years I spent every second of my spare time copying, scanning, uploading, designing sites, answering forum queries and searching out potentially interested people via Rootsweb and Genforum. It has always been my goal to bring as many of us together as possible, find cousins, and help cousins find each other.

When I first started I had neither a site or forum, and extracted all the marriages from 1737-1809. Then I created a Yahoo site and started copying the records, this gave way to my website (created March 2004 I think).

I love using the church records as opposed to the civil because there are less pages to cover for the same period. For example a Civil birth record is 1 page per record, a page from a church baptism book may have 10 records on it. Unfortunately not many towns outside Sicily have Church records available. I guess we lucked out with Carini.

Smile

#12: Re: Something exiting I wanted to share about The Carini Exh Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:36 am
    ----
2 Years!! Amazing - I thought it was at least 5 years. I'm sure it will take me longer but I will not quit now - you have shown me that it is possible.
Thanks.
And now I do a dance for your achievements because I missed my dances!

-> General Discussion Groups