Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Let's start a project...
-> General Discussion Groups

#31: Re: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:52 pm
    ----
The description is:

In march 1443 King of Naples Alfonso I of Aragona ordered a taz reform, based on a per head tribute called "focatico" that required a census of all the families with their members. The only books left of that census seem to be one for the Valle di Sangro and another for Calabria Ulteriore. The book of the Valle di Sangro, over 600 pages, was extensively studied by Nunzio Fererico Faraglia in the late 1800, and an essay, "Numerazione dei Fuochi della Valle del Sangro" (copy in the Provincial Library of Chieti), was published in 1898; below surnames have been from the 1898 essay and ordered alphabetically.

What is listed on that page is a summary of the surnames included, not actual family data. I'll bet the originals would be incredible to see!

#32: Re: Let's start a project... Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:12 pm
    ----
That's ok. It's a list of the names that were present in Abruzzo in 1447. My family name is listed there. That is valuable information for my research. Sure I'd like to get my hands on the records, but this is a big help anyway.

#33: Re: Let's start a project... Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:54 am
    ----
Gina501 wrote:
How about this website? If I am reading this correctly, it's a census from 1447 of Chieti, Abruzzo.

Livio, Carole, Simy, can you confirm? If so, I can see that my Trella family was present in Pescasseroli in 1447. This is in SHARP contrast to what my cousin told me last January that started me on genealogy.

www.abruzzoheritage.co...scasseroli

Yes I confirm that according to this document the Trella family was present in Pescasseroli in 1447

#34: Re: Let's start a project... Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:04 pm
    ----
Thanks Livio! That's all I needed to hear. I'm off and running...

#35: Re: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 pm
    ----
Cathy and Nuccia have completed designing the page!!!

party

I just made it live.... I am on cloud 9 right now!!!

kiss Cathy

kiss Nuccia

Please, anyone who finds a Comune not on this list which has at least 1 full year of records, not just for certain surnames but comprehensive (any type, birth, baptism, marriage, death, census, military, immigration...) Please post here so we can add it!

*drum roll*

Online records for the Comunes of Italy

Isn't the page amazing?

Very Happy

#36: Re: Let's start a project... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:09 pm
    ----
James it looks great but I think the credit has to go to Cathy on this one. She did ALL the work herself. Kudos, Cathy! You rock.

#37: Re: Let's start a project... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 pm
    ----
Outstanding!!!

#38: Re: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
James it looks great but I think the credit has to go to Cathy on this one. She did ALL the work herself. Kudos, Cathy! You rock.

She is pretty amazing isn't she? I wish I could fly to Chicago right now and give her a giant hug to show my appreciation. The reason I wanted to include you is because YOU helped make the template. No matter what, The page wouldn't be what it is without BOTH of you!!!

kiss

#39: Re: Let's start a project... Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 pm
    ----
Wow, that is awesome!

#40: Re: Let's start a project... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 pm
    ----
Embarassed Um, thanks James and Nuccia but several people contributed links to the page too. It was a group effort and a great idea. There is probably a lot more out there. I'll keep looking and send you anything I find - I hope everyone else does too. It was an honor to assist you James, your site inspired me to do my grandfather's town. One day, I will catch up with you my friend.

*curtseys to the master*

#41: Re: Let's start a project... Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:15 pm
    ----
Great Job!!!

Vincenza

#42: Re: Let's start a project... Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:04 am
    ----
Oooo this is great!

Absolutely WOWicious (new word - like it?)

I'm just so impressed at the talent and knowledge that we have here on "Gente" that it has turned me literally GREEN WITH ENVY

Last edited by Carole on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

#43: Re: Let's start a project... Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:13 am
    ----
I am impressed!

#44: Re: Let's start a project... Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:48 am
    ----
Fantastic website ----- does anyone know of anything else like this??? Maybe for Puglia or Calabria?

I have some pages for the Catastini or mini-census from Corato that were sent to me by an Italian who lives in Germany ---- he was on the BariGEN group and he was kind enough to send me about 10 pages with my Cognome when he did his own research. It was neat to see the info, but unfortunately there were no links to parents, only the property owner and his property that was listed, I was not able to make any connections to my ancestors.

The Archivio in Naples has the original Census books for many towns as supposedly two were created --- one for the Comune or Provincia and the other was to be sent to Naples. Someone who does research in my FHC has gone to the Archivio and has viewed the 300 year+ book for his town ---- no indexing, etc. so it took him quite a while but he found his family info.

#45: Re: Let's start a project... Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:12 am
    ----
sweet!

-> General Discussion Groups