Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Calcagno family of Brooklyn
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:07 pm
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
I am trying to find information on a Luigi or Louis Calcagno who lived at Bowen/Bouen Place, Brooklyn in 1910.

My great-great grandfather Paolino arrived into Ellis Island on 30 June 1906 and was going to stay with his "Brother in law" Luigi Calcagno in Brooklyn.

Paolino was born in 1870 and died in 1937, I would imagine Luigi would be about his same age. I do not know how he could be related since Paolino's wife was a Fontana.

If anyone has any connection to Calcagno families who lived in Brooklyn around the turn of the Century (1906) I would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Jim

There is one of my clients whose her great great grandmother was a Caterina Calcagno from Cogoleto, province of Genova.
Just to let u know
bye Riccardo

#17: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:37 am
    ----
Just another development (sort of)

I found a man who is apparently the brother of my great-grandfather Paolino Bianco (see first post on this thread).

His manifest is VERY interesting....

Federico Bianco, age 26 departed Naples 25 June 1902 aboard the S.S. Liguria and arrived at Ellis Island 9 July 1902. He was a resident of Bianco (RC) Italy and on his way to....

(*drum roll*)

visit his "brother-in-law" Luigi Calcagno of 112 Boerum Place, Brooklyn, NY.

Thanks to Biff, who found Luigi in 1900 (and at the exact address) we know he and his wife came in 1885.

Luigi Calcagno, Brooklyn 1900 - Last Family on Page

Luigi Calcagno, Brooklyn 1900 - Continuation - his children

So I guess this sort of cements that Luigi's wife was a Bianco, as two brothers both called him their "brother-in-law" eliminating him as a relative of Paolino's wife Antonia (Fontana) Bianco. It also indicates Ann, wife of Luigi is most likely a Bianco.

Pretty interesting! Just wish I knew more, and what became of Federico, I don't have ancestry so I can't research this further..

Sad

#18: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:56 am
    ----
do you guys think this could be my Antonia??

Age and year of immigration are pretty spot on!!!

But I think her (the one on this manifest) husband is Francesco

ANTONIA CALCAGNO
Occupation WIFE
Age 26
Sex F
Literacy U
Ship CHATEAU YQUEM
Arrived 21 May 1888
Origin ITALY
Port NAPLES
Last Residence
Destination 7788
Plan Unknown
Passage Unknown

Are there Castle Garden Images anywhere???

Thanks!

#19: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:06 am
    ----
James - do you think this might be him?

I have international Ancestry, and if I can help (in my very amateurish way) just say so...

#20: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:08 am
    ----
Carole the age matches perfectly! It very well could be, but I can't read where he is living can you?

#21: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:34 am
    ----
Just to throw a spanner in the works - here is another ships manifest for another Federico Bianco...he is travelling with SIL and his father... within days of the other one... but this isn't as clear as the other one you found
<HERE<

I'm on Skype at the moment - if you want to go through these with me give me a shout! If not we can try this evening (my time....)

#22: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:40 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
Just to throw a spanner in the works - here is another ships manifest for another Federico Bianco...he is travelling with SIL and his father... within days of the other one... but this isn't as clear as the other one you found
<HERE<

I'm on Skype at the moment - if you want to go through these with me give me a shout! If not we can try this evening (my time....)

Thanks Carole, Is that the second page? It appears to be cut off somehow. Unfortunately the name Bianco is common (I'll bet you knew that since you live in Italy! lol) and as a result there are never just "one" of anyone I'm looking for. Why couldn't my name be something more unusual??

I need to go back to bed, it's 4:39 AM here and I have to work at 8. Maybe we can catch up later?

Thanks again

kiss

#23: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
Carole the age matches perfectly! It very well could be, but I can't read where he is living can you?

Federico Bianco
Clifton Greenlea (?) Arizona
with Arizona Coffler Co.
Clifton, Arizona
Nearest relative: Giuseppa(e?) Bianco. Italy, Torino

Height: Medium
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

#24: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:56 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
Carole wrote:
<HERE<

Thanks Carole, Is that the second page? It appears to be cut off somehow. Unfortunately the name Bianco is common (I'll bet you knew that since you live in Italy! lol) and as a result there are never just "one" of anyone I'm looking for. Why couldn't my name be something more unusual??

I need to go back to bed, it's 4:39 AM here and I have to work at 8. Maybe we can catch up later?

Thanks again

kiss

Sorry about that James - here is the full page:

>HERE<

This one was travelling to his brother - Aug(usto?) Bianco living at 914 South 8th St. New York (?)

#25: Re: Calcagno family of Brooklyn Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:44 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
do you guys think this could be my Antonia??

Age and year of immigration are pretty spot on!!!

But I think her (the one on this manifest) husband is Francesco

ANTONIA CALCAGNO
Occupation WIFE
Age 26
Sex F
Literacy U
Ship CHATEAU YQUEM
Arrived 21 May 1888
Origin ITALY
Port NAPLES
Last Residence
Destination 7788
Plan Unknown
Passage Unknown

Are there Castle Garden Images anywhere???

Thanks!

This may be strange but i FOUND...

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Antonia Mogle
Name: Antonia Mogle
Arrival Date: 21 May 1888
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1862
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Destination: New York
Place of Origin: Italy
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Italian
Ship Name: Chateau Yquem
Search Ship Database: Search the Chateau Yquem in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 37
Microfilm Serial: M237
Microfilm Roll: M237_520
List Number: 665
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States

Its indexed incorrectly on ancestry. It's Antonia CALCAGNO, moglie di Francisco Calcagno.

-> General Discussion Groups