Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: The 'Naughty Nina' search!
-> Where do I begin?

#1: The 'Naughty Nina' search! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:41 pm
    ----
The Naughty Nina Saga is back on the road.
OK folks, can you possibly help with the search for Naughty Nina?

If you remember - the story began with:
Name: Muriel Edith ????? - aka Muriel Mercia Payne. (MY mother - Nina's daughter)
Born: 27th May 1913

Now this (below) is the lady that we now suspect is 'our' Nina. Here's what we know about her.

Name: Muriel Edith Edmed
Born: 1891 in Cairo Egypt.

Father: Frederick William Edmed
Born: 1863

Mother: Mary E. Edmed
Born: 1869

Any help that you can give, or details you can find will be really appreciated. Who knows - there just MAY be some long lost and hitherto unheard of relatives around somewhere!

#2: Re: The 'Naughty Nina' search! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:25 am
    ----
New details!! I would love to hear the details on how you guys made the discovery of her parents, the last thing I read was that she appeared from nowhere and disappeared just as suddenly.

Edmed is an Arab/Egyptian surname? It does sort of sound it.

Congrats on the breakthrough Carole!!!

Very Happy

#3: Re: The 'Naughty Nina' search! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:43 am
    ----
James..

To be honest, we tried several possibilities given to us from various people...Trish, Marisa and some others on rootschat. Basically, I went through the possibilities and found all the marriage, birth, death certificates I could find on the families to see which one made the most sense.

This is the record that made the most sense and which dates seem the mostly likely to fit in..

Name: Muriel E Edmed
Estimated birth year: abt 1891
Relation: Daughter
Household:
Where born: Egypt

Civil parish: Battersea
Ecclesiastical parish: All Saints
County/Island: London

Source information: RG13/443
Registration district: Wandsworth
Sub-registration district: East Battersea
ED, institution, or vessel: 19
Folio: 9
Page: 10 (click to see others on page)
Household schedule number: 59

1901 England Census
about Muriel E Edmed
Name: Muriel E Edmed
Estimated birth year: abt 1891
Relation: Daughter
Father's name: Fredk Wm
Mother's name: Mary E
Where born: Egypt

Civil parish: Battersea
Ecclesiastical parish: All Saints
County/Island: London

Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Claude V Edmed 6
Fredk Wm Edmed 38
Fredk Wm Edmed 12
Mary E Edmed 32
Muriel E Edmed 10

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 443; Folio: 9; Page: 10.

1901 Census

#4: Re: The 'Naughty Nina' search! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:57 am
    ----
I hope Carole does not mind but since I just got lost Shocked looking for Part 1 of the Naughty Nina story, I am posting a link to it here.
www.caroleinitaly.com/...nasaga.htm

#5: Re: The 'Naughty Nina' search! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:15 am
    ----
Thanks for posting those details Nuccia - and the NN Saga 'so far' Cathy...

It was in fact this entry shown by Nuccia from the 1901 Census that set the curiosity bells ringing. The names Frederick and Muriel were repeating themselves in each generation. Of course my mother was always called Muriel (Mercia), but her birth certificate (when she finally got it) showed her as Muriel Edith too!

Quote::
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Claude V Edmed 6
Fredk Wm Edmed 38
Fredk Wm Edmed 12
Mary E Edmed 32
Muriel E Edmed 10

#6: Re: The 'Naughty Nina' search! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:13 am
    ----
I am writing this from my FHC. The microfilm reader attached to the printer/scanner is in use and the only other reader for Italian films is broken Evil or Very Mad I am looking through what is available here since I can't do my research and I see there are british censuses here by region. Do you need me to look through those for Nina? If so can you give me an idea of where and when? Thanks.

#7: Re: The 'Naughty Nina' search! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:04 am
    ----
You're already at the FHC? And I've only just had breakfast! I can't think that hard at this hour... kiss

Call me when u get home...

-> Where do I begin?