Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Emails from unknown persons
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: Emails from unknown persons Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:44 pm
    ----
This may sound a silly question but if an Email arrives in your inbox and you dont recognise the name/email address of the person who sent it. Is it ok to open up this email or should it just be deleted without opening it up to find out what it says? Not sure if this is how a person could get access to your details etc from your computer.
Emmy

#2: Re: Emails from unknown persons Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:17 pm
    ----
Hi Emmy,
If you don't recognise the name - then DELETE IT.... don't hesitate!

If it was important then whoever it is will either send it again - spammers rarely do - or they'll find another way of contacting you....

#3: Re: Emails from unknown persons Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:58 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole kiss
Emmy

#4: Re: Emails from unknown persons Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:34 pm
    ----
Well..I would read it. If there is a link then I wouldn't click on it but i would read the actual email..sometimes its not spam.

#5: Re: Emails from unknown persons Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:35 am
    ----
Opening is OK, but do not open any attachments or allow it to get images ... attachments we know are bad. If you get any images that were not sent with the message, this will tell them that your email is valid ... they monitor who requests the images; then you are added to MANY lists.

-> PC Info and Guides