Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Getting Started
-> Terms of Service

#1: Getting Started Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 pm
    ----
Welcome to Gente. There has been some confusion lately on how to post a question here so I have decided to write this and hopefully it will simplify things for our newer members.

In order to post a question on one of the boards, you will first need to register a username and password. Once you have done that, you will receive an activation link to your email. Often, this only takes a few minutes. You may need to check your spam or junk mail as it may be sent there depending on how you have set up your email filters. Once you receive your activation link, click on it and follow the instructions. You will then be a registered member and be able to post on any of the boards.

Next, choose the board where you would like to post your question and click on the icon that says New Post. Give your post/thread a name such as I did here ("Getting Started"). Continue on and post your question and then hit submit. Your question is now submitted and others will be able to help you with it.

Do not use personal Contact Me/ Feedback Forms to post a general question as Gente does not operate as a mailing list but as a general discussion board. The Contact Me option should only be used to connect with a specific individual about a specific or personal question. All inquiries sent will be deleted otherwise and you may never get a response to your question.

Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.

Nuccia

-> Terms of Service