Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: For Simona...
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: For Simona... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 pm
    ----
My best friend Nick is here and (because I asked him) he brought the picture from the day he met Styx in 1991. We can't figure out where Denis DeYoung is, but I am sure Simy can easily identify him. My guess is the guy with the multi-colored dotted shirt right next to the bearded Bald guy.

My friend Nick is bottom left just below the bald guy with the beard.

#2: Re: For Simona... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:38 pm
    ----
You're guess is right James! Dennis is the guy in the multi colored shirt!

#3: Re: For Simona... Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:17 am
    ----
That must have been taken in his (Dennis') pre "I don't talk to fans era!"

#4: Re: For Simona... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:48 am
    ----
My friend worked at an Amusement Park called Lake Compounce in Connecticut. He was at that time part of the Promotions team which would organize hiring bands to come and play at the park. Part of the procedure every time was to take photos of the management staff and each band. So it's a little different than a fan meeting I guess.

I think that is awful that Dennis won't take the time to meet his fans.

Mad

#5: Re: For Simona... Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:50 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
I think that is awful that Dennis won't take the time to meet his fans.

Mad

Great picture, thanks Jim.

As for Dennis, I'm just reading a book (in English.. Shocked ) about Styx career, he is described as a d**khead, selfish and an insupportable person. Personally I don't care: Dennis is Dennis. Rolling Eyes

#6: Re: For Simona... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:40 am
    ----
Simy!!! That's great - your reading a book in english! You see! You say your english is bad but it is much better than you think. In my opinion Dennis is a true diva and all that title entails. He thinks he is very important. He and his huge ego is why the band broke up. Sad, but I still love his voice and the old Styx songs. That is a great picture James - thanks for sharing it.

#7: Re: For Simona... Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:50 pm
    ----
Cathy... this is not the first book in English that I read... I have not problem reading English, but I do know my limits: I cannot speak it and can understand only one word every ten... Sad
Anyway, as for Dennis... well, he is egoist and snooty, but he is right thinking he is important specially for Styx... Just take a look at their productions after he had been turned away from the band... They are playing as opening band for other famous bands... otherwise they would play for their relatives... and take a look at his solo career now... Rolling Eyes

-> General Discussion Groups