Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: SURNAME Database -- Please read!!
-> About Us

#121: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:34 pm
    ----
I will add the names to the surname database Jerry. I just updated it on the weekend so it may not be for a few weeks. I'll try to remember to let you know when I've done it, ok?

#122: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: edickins PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 pm
    ----
I am researching surnames Capobianco and Zavaro. I don't know what region...all I know is the Capobianco family is listed in the 1910 U.S. Census with the father Matteo having been born in Italy abt 1880, and arrived in U.S. in 1900. The oldest 2 children with last name Zavaro who also were born in Italy in 1902 and 1904 so am guessing the mother was married to a Zavaro before Capobianco, but of course don't know for sure. I can't find on the internet where either name is a typical Italian name...? I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Ellen in U.S.

#123: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 am
    ----
Hi Ellen.

Welcome to Gente. The surname Capobianco is more common in Italy than you thought - and so is Zavaro.

Perhaps this is Matteo's ship manifest?

First Name: Matteo
Last Name: Capobianco
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Sturno
Date of Arrival: May 29, 1900
Age at Arrival: 21y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Patria (1882)
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0022

www.ellisisland.org/se...4160050292

#124: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: CiaoGina PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:11 pm
    ----
Hello My name is Gina Lorenzo

Surnames Lorenzo, Romano, Santoro
San Fele, Basilicata Region of Italy

#125: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm
    ----
Hi Gina!

Thanks for adding your surnames. You might also like to enter them here so they go straight to my account and remind me to enter them in the database. Thanks! www.calabriaexchange.c...dback.html

#126: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: ventre01 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 pm
    ----
Hi my name is Melissa Ventre

Surnames I'm currently researching are Ventre & Varra
From Gioia Tauro and Rosarno Reggio Calabria area.

Thankyou

#127: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: Pasquini PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 am
    ----
Hi, I just arrived in the forum.

I´m from Brasil and my great-great-grandparent Ernesto Vittorio Pasquini was christened in Barzana, Bergamo.

-> About Us