Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Town of Origin
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Town of Origin Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:30 am
    ----
Anyone know where Castellammare di Napoli is located? The document I have says this is my great grandmother's place of origin.

Another document has the name Castellamare di Roch.

I have done searches and not come up with anything. Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Could you help me out?

Thank you
lilbees

#2: Re: Town of Origin Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:35 am
    ----
..... Confused
I think it could be Castellammare di Stabia.....

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._di_Stabia

Laura

#3: Re: Town of Origin Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:14 pm
    ----
Thanks Laura, you may be correct. Now I am really confused. This is on a death record for my great grandfather.

It listed his place of origin as Castellamare da Roch. I have had it, according to his ship's manifest when he visited, place of birth, Roccapiemonte. Is this near Castellamare di Stabia? I don't think so.....but who knows. He died in 1912 in Gabes, Tunisia. I think his birth record may be incorrect. Will need to see where I can write to check this out. Sad

The death record lists his mother and father as well as his wife.

After so many months of waiting to find the my great grandfather's birth document may not be the correct one. Oh well! I understand this happens but I am always looking to confirm anything I have as correct.

At least I did learn more about my family in Tunisia. More children discovered, and best of all, their marriages and children.

I have a few more documents to come from there but it should not be too long.

Thank you again for your help.
lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups