Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Impressive
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Impressive Author: minchia PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:51 am
    ----
I like this idea, i'll now be trying to find more about my roots.

My nonni (both sides) came to Australia between the early-mid 1900's from reggio calabria.. I know there's long lost relatives, just not sure where abouts they are. Would love to visit one day. Is this site based in the US?

Sam

#2: Re: Impressive Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:57 am
    ----
Hi Sam,

Welcome to Gente. I hope we can help you with your search. Our members are from all over the US, Canada, Italy, Scotland, France and England so I think we pretty much cover most ends of the globe at this point.

Where in Reggio Calabria were your Nonni from? Are you looking for U.S. documents? Let us know.

#3: Re: Impressive Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:27 am
    ----
Sam,
welcome to the forum.
Are you aware that the username that you are using is a very bad word in Sicily and Calabria? Evil or Very Mad

#4: Re: Impressive Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:52 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
Sam,
welcome to the forum.
Are you aware that the username that you are using is a very bad word in Sicily and Calabria? Evil or Very Mad

If truth be known it's pretty bad in Lombardia too... If you would like to change it please let administration know.

BTW the admin of the site is based in Canada and Italy - but EVERYONE is welcome and that of course includes you 'm'..... (sorry can't bring myself to write that word Embarassed )

#5: Re: Impressive Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:11 pm
    ----
minchia wrote:
I like this idea, i'll now be trying to find more about my roots.

My nonni (both sides) came to Australia between the early-mid 1900's from reggio calabria.. I know there's long lost relatives, just not sure where abouts they are. Would love to visit one day. Is this site based in the US?

Sam

Welcome Sam! We have members here from all over but the administrators are from Canada and Italy. Is there something we can help you with?

#6: Re: Impressive Author: minchia PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:04 pm
    ----
I'm aware of my username. It has lost all meaning in Australia to Calabrians/Sicilians, basically now is an expression of surprise/awe. If it offends anyone, by all means change it. I believe most of my relatives remained in Italy, the rest migrated to Australia. I've found a younger cousin of mine in Brazil, but she doesn't speak Italian or English so communication was difficult. What is the best way of locating where relatives are/moved?

Sam

-> General Discussion Groups