Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Celibe and Nubile
-> Translations

#1: Celibe and Nubile Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:12 pm
    ----
I have two death acts for children, by the same woman and man, not married. One deat act after the mothers name says celibe and the second death act a year or two later has same parents, not married and this time it says nubile after her name.

Is there any real difference between celibe and nubile?

Thanks

Edit to correct..........these are death records not birth as originally indicated. Embarassed

Last edited by BillieDeKid on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:49 pm
    ----
Hi Elizabeth,

I think that celibe refers to an unmarried male while nubile refers to an unmarried female.

Biff

#3: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 pm
    ----
Thanks Biff. Which leads me to this question............why does it show up after her name on the documents? If you'd like me to post them so you can take a look let me know.

And thanks for the response.

Abbracci e baci

#4: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:11 pm
    ----
I'll post the images just for the heck of it.

img507.imageshack.us/i...acorj8.png

img507.imageshack.us/i...cesxo3.png

#5: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Thanks Biff. Which leads me to this question............why does it show up after her name on the documents? Abbracci e baci

Perhaps the official made an error or were the terms interchangeable at one time? Need input from our document mavens here.

Biff

#6: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:25 pm
    ----
Billie,

Please post the documents if you can.

#7: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:35 pm
    ----
They're posted Nuccia.............go right before Biffs last post.

thanks all

#8: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:36 pm
    ----
oops....missed that! Embarassed

Thanks Billie!

#9: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:47 pm
    ----
No problem Nuccia. I've been told what celibe and nubile mean in reference to the death acts. Celibe - single male - refers to the deceased, not the parents. Nubile - single female - refers to deceased not parents. Compliments of Riccardo - Grazie Riccardo - baci.

#10: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:53 pm
    ----
Celibe is a bachelor

Nubile a spinster

#11: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:04 pm
    ----
Thanks for coming back and letting us know. I would have hated not knowing.

#12: Re: Celibe and Nubile Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:10 pm
    ----
Your welcome Nuccia. I had never seen it the way it is on these documents (right after the mothers name) so it was throwing me.

-> Translations