Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: butter of peanuts
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: butter of peanuts Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:11 am
    ----
I never ate nutella. I dont think I would like it...but, who knows.

Ovaline, huh..still yukky..lol I cant imagine dunking pbj in anything..lol Oh..but, I can dunk chocolate in peanut butter. I guess thats like Reeses..which I can eat a whole bagful at once..lol

A friend of mine from another forum sent me some of her homemade peanut butter fudge. OMG it was so good..and soft...very sweet..but really good.

#17: Re: butter of peanuts Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:19 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
As you mentioned that you were looking to gradually improve your command of Italian -I hope this little tip will help....

Hope you don't mind me saying.... Wink

Carole,
Should I have used marmelatta instead of gelatina?

Biff

#18: Re: butter of peanuts Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:57 am
    ----
Gve me a jar of Nutella too anytime. Its actually a staple in my house..like ketchup! I swear Jesse has withdrawal if his Nutella is missing. Rolling Eyes

#19: Re: butter of peanuts Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:12 am
    ----
Peanut butter sandwich with strawberry preserves, no grape jelly here!!!!

And peanut butter on celery is the best, or how about peanut butter cookies!!!!

Now I need junk food!!!!!!
Lee

#20: Re: butter of peanuts Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:21 am
    ----
My husband, the healthy eater, was put off by the Nutella at the breakfast table when we were in Italy and I declared, I love a people that puts chocolate spread on their toast! LOL. I am the one with the sweet tooth.

#21: Re: butter of peanuts Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:48 am
    ----
wldspirit wrote:
Peanut butter sandwich with strawberry preserves, no grape jelly here!!!!

And peanut butter on celery is the best, or how about peanut butter cookies!!!!

Now I need junk food!!!!!!
Lee
I used to love strawberry preserves too but 2 years ago I was rushed to the hospital (in Naples) in anaphalactic shock! If I eat strawberries now, it could kill me. Crying or Very sad I miss them - they were my favorite fruit.

#22: Re: butter of peanuts Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:56 am
    ----
OMG....that's horrible!!!!!! Strange how one can suddenly develop an allergic reaction to something......my son use to love figs, then one day broke out with hives from head to toe!!!!
Lee

#23: Re: butter of peanuts Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:02 am
    ----
hmmmmm....figs.... I just ate the first fig off my tree yesterday Very Happy

#24: Re: butter of peanuts Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:09 am
    ----
MauroMags wrote:
hmmmmm....figs.... I just ate the first fig off my tree yesterday Very Happy

Oh..send some over! I love figs.

Strange about allergies though. I would love to know why only Canada and the US actually issue warnings peanut allergies. I can't send peanut butter to school (or even Nutella) with my kids.

Is it the same in the US?

#25: Re: butter of peanuts Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:09 am
    ----
wldspirit wrote:
OMG....that's horrible!!!!!! Strange how one can suddenly develop an allergic reaction to something......my son use to love figs, then one day broke out with hives from head to toe!!!!
Lee
What was really strange is I used to have strawberries in one form or another every week. One week I was fine. The next week I had strawberries and got this horrible rash and my eyes swelled (I didn't know it was the strawberries yet) The next day I had fresh strawberries for breakfast and I couldn't breathe. Strange. Thank God it was not chocolate!!

#26: Re: butter of peanuts Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:14 am
    ----
Thanks to all the talk about peanut butter, my kids and I all had peanut butter & grape jelly sandwiches Very Happy

My 6 year old boy can live on them! It's the first thing he asks for whenever snack or lunch time comes around Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes

Liz Cool

#27: Re: butter of peanuts Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:16 am
    ----
Nuccia, I'm guessing its too cold for Fig trees in Canada? Here in Jersey, I cover both my trees during cold weather, even though the last couple of winters have been somewhat mild.

What are the first figs of the season called in Italian? They have a different name than the larger crop which occurs at the end of the summer. I know the word in dialect as "Ka-loom" Does anybody know what i'm talking about? Question

#28: Re: butter of peanuts Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:35 am
    ----
Mauro,

I'm not sure if its too cold here..I know its not something I've really seen though. The trees probably won't make it through the winters. I used to eat them on my uncles tree in New York though.

Not sure of the name of the first figs..maybe someone else does. I just know I love them.

Shoot...I feel like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich now too..thanks a lot everyone. Rolling Eyes

#29: Re: butter of peanuts Author: AlessandraLocation: Naples - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:36 am
    ----
Carole, believed that Biff for "glaze" intended is the jam!
Thanks Cathy for the photos! I will try to put the bananas and the jam!!!
Known that American bread is Very different from that Italian!

#30: Re: butter of peanuts Author: AlessandraLocation: Naples - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:41 am
    ----
The bread in Naples, very good!!

-> General Discussion Groups