Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with a name
-> Translations

#1: Help with a name Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 pm
    ----
Can someone help me with the brides surname? This is a pubblicazioni di matrimonio. I tried checking the brides name on the left with her name in the body of the document and I'm still not sure what it is.

img166.imageshack.us/i...valtr0.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Elizabeth

#2: Re: Help with a name Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:45 pm
    ----
E' un problema...
da una parte c'è scritto VALDA
nel documento c'è scritto VATELLI Crying or Very sad

Prova a trovare l'atto di matrimonio vero e proprio.
Ciao
Luca

#3: Re: Help with a name Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:06 pm
    ----
Still trying to noodle out the surname by checking last names in Simbario but nothing so far. Have you tried using this site to search?

italia.indettaglio.it/...gnomi.html

Biff

#4: Re: Help with a name Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:14 pm
    ----
Thanks to both Luca and Biff for looking at this for me. Biff I used the link you gave me (and book marked it) and it comes up with Valela in Simbario. I've emailed my cousin and hopefully he can verify that Valela is right. Luca - yes you're right, I will need to find the actual marriage document to try and verify the brides surname.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Baci

#5: Re: Help with a name Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:29 pm
    ----
I did a search for surnames beginning with V in Simbario on Steve Morse's site and came up with a number of Valela surnames. Interestingly, on the original manifests, a couple were spelled as Valelà (accent over the ending letter a) which is the way the name is spelled on the document.

Biff

#6: Re: Help with a name Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 pm
    ----
Luca wrote:
E' un problema...
da una parte c'è scritto VALDA: guardando meglio è VALELA (o come dice Biff - VALELA') Embarassed
nel documento c'è scritto VATELLI

Ciao
Luca

#7: Re: Help with a name Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:08 pm
    ----
Luca wrote:
Luca wrote:
E' un problema...
da una parte c'è scritto VALDA: guardando meglio è VALELA (o come dice Biff - VALELA') Embarassed
nel documento c'è scritto VATELLI

Ciao
Luca

It's a problem....
on one side it says VALDA: but having a better look it's VALELA (or as Biff says - VALELA) Embarassed
in the document it is written VATELLI

Try and find the real marriage act.
Ciao
Luca

#8: Re: Help with a name Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:48 pm
    ----
Thanks so much for everyones help. I will look for the atti di matrimonio when I go back to my FHC and I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks again

-> Translations