Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Question about dates
-> Translations

#1: Question about dates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:19 pm
    ----
It appears that there is only a difference of a month between the marriage doc and the birth doc. I am I reading the dates correctly?

Marriage
img396.imageshack.us/i...ataco5.jpg

Birth
img148.imageshack.us/i...ntesc6.jpg

#2: Re: Question about dates Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 pm
    ----
Tom, both images are way too small for my eyes! Shocked Is it possible to post a larger image?

#3: Re: Question about dates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:01 pm
    ----
Sorry! Let's try again.

Marriage
img520.imageshack.us/i...atawd1.jpg

Birth
img169.imageshack.us/i...ntekk7.jpg

#4: Re: Question about dates Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:38 pm
    ----
Certainly looks like the marriage was on the 3rd September 1887 and the registration of the birth was on 3rd October 1887.

#5: Re: Question about dates Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:02 pm
    ----
Don't jump to any conclusions here. This marriage related document is the Pubblicazioni or marriage bann. The actual civil marriage record is titled the Atti or Atto (act) di Matrimonio and that should have a notation on it of when the marriage took place in the church. Remember these are civil records. Some people (I have instances where this occurred in my grandfather's town) did not take the civil records seriously until prior to the birth of their first child. They could have gotten married earlier in the church and did not register in the civil records until later. In order to register the baby's birth they would need the civil marriage records filed. Find the marriage act and look at the church information in the margin.

#6: Re: Question about dates Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:29 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Some people (I have instances where this occurred in my grandfather's town) did not take the civil records seriously until prior to the birth of their first child. They could have gotten married earlier in the church and did not register in the civil records until later. In order to register the baby's birth they would need the civil marriage records filed. Find the marriage act and look at the church information in the margin.

Very nteresting Napolina.. What would we do without u!

kiss

#7: Re: Question about dates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:33 pm
    ----
How about this doc that I received from San Giuseppa Jato?

img232.imageshack.us/i...189dz2.jpg

#8: Re: Question about dates Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:21 pm
    ----
That document says September 28 1887.

-> Translations