Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Birth Act Question
-> Translations

#1: Birth Act Question Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:00 pm
    ----
Near the beginning of the birth act where the father's name is first mentioned, then just after that it usually gives the name of the child's grandfather.

But is it still the name of the child's grandfather that's given if its NOT the child's father's name before it.

Say e.g if it was the midwife's name that was in the place where the father's name should be then does the part that follows i.e 'figlio di/fu ------------
Does this name refer to the father of the midwife or is it the child's grandfather?

I'm really getting myself confused over this.
Be grateful for any suggestions
Emmy

#2: Re: Birth Act Question Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:52 pm
    ----
Certainly, I am not the expert, but if it were referring to the midwife, it would say figlia (as in daughter) not figlio (as in son). So if it says filgio, it is not the midwife.

#3: Re: Birth Act Question Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 pm
    ----
Thanks Poipu
I was just using the midwife's name as an example but say eg it was another man's name that was there, not the father's name, and it said figlio di/fu after that name would it be referring to the person whose name had been written just before 'figlio di/fu' or would it be the child's grandfather's name?
Emmy

#4: Re: Birth Act Question Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:52 pm
    ----
Emmy, I have found in my town, it refers to the father of the midwife. The information for the father should be further down in the document.

#5: Re: Birth Act Question Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:30 pm
    ----
Cathy is correct. If a father's name is given, fu or di, then it refers to the person named. So, if its the midwife, then its her father, if its the father then its his father and so on.

#6: Re: Birth Act Question Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:58 pm
    ----
I understand now thanks everyone
kiss
Emmy

-> Translations