Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help!
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:54 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:
Steve, you did realize the letter only talked about the Army and some Air Force records being destroyed. My understanding when I spoke to them was it did not affect Navy, etc.

lilbees
how much is Some? Sad i've got alot of things he had from the military (places he went, he wrote down everywhere he went in italy on his old wooden ammo box, i know he went to africa, and switzerland too) i got some news papers from the ships he was on, and post cards ..nothing else really Sad grandma threw out all of the old letters that he wrote to my great grandmother Evil or Very Mad

#17: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:23 am
    ----
The letter stated for the Air Force, records Hubbard through Z - 1947 through 1963 were destroyed in the fire.

Hope this helps.

lilbees

#18: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:34 am
    ----
lilbees wrote:
The letter stated for the Air Force, records Hubbard through Z - 1947 through 1963 were destroyed in the fire.

Hope this helps.

lilbees
i might be in luck then Razz his last name was Holick and he was in the army

#19: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:12 pm
    ----
Steve, again, if you read the letter I received you will find the Army records were affected by the fire the most.

The records for the Army a major portion were destroyed 1912 through 1959.

lilbees

#20: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:34 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:
Steve, again, if you read the letter I received you will find the Army records were affected by the fire the most.

The records for the Army a major portion were destroyed 1912 through 1959.

lilbees
\
ahh ok i just read it again Sad maybe thats why when i tried searching the archives online, it didnt come up with any for him

#21: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:33 am
    ----
Steve, don't forget, you may luck out and they might have other records for you that may have survived. But, you won't know until you request the information. You do not have to pay until they find some records for you. They will notify you via letter. If they do not find anything you will not be charged.

Good luck! Very Happy

lilbees

#22: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:09 am
    ----
lilbees wrote:
Steve, don't forget, you may luck out and they might have other records for you that may have survived. But, you won't know until you request the information. You do not have to pay until they find some records for you. They will notify you via letter. If they do not find anything you will not be charged.

Good luck! Very Happy

lilbees
ill get them for free anyway, the next of kin can get them for free, Ill have grandma get them for me Mr. Green

#23: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:11 pm
    ----
Be sure to let us know if you have any success.

lilbees

#24: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:40 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:
Be sure to let us know if you have any success.

lilbees
will do!

#25: Re: For Biff or anyone else who can maybe help! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:35 pm
    ----
same letter Sad

-> General Discussion Groups