Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Marriage Record Requests?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Marriage Record Requests? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:15 pm
    ----
I am about to write for marriage records of some of my family members. Do I just request the estratto di matrimonio or are there other records related to this that I should ask for as well?

Trying to save some postage and letter writing if I can.

Thank you,

lilbees

#2: Re: Marriage Record Requests? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:05 pm
    ----
How about the Pubblicazione? (Marriage Banns)? And I wouldn't ask for the marriage certificate..but for the marriage act.

#3: Re: Marriage Record Requests? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:49 pm
    ----
Nuccia, in addition to the marriage act, I should also ask for the Pubblicazione. Is there any other file I would request? Believe it or not but I do have the reference books but they do not always specifically talk about the documents to request.

Thanks,
lilbees

#4: Re: Marriage Record Requests? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:56 pm
    ----
I love Pubblicazioni records! It gives you so much information. Not only that but I am able to see the signatures of my ancestors! Below is a link to my great grandparents pubblicazioni:
www.mofrad.net/Montalt...scan10.jpg

#5: Re: Marriage Record Requests? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:26 pm
    ----
Hey there! Thanks all for sharing. Will try to compose my letter tomorrow. Will have to wait until Monday for new stamps since the rates are changing. Luckily, I was able to use up all my old stamps.

lilbees

#6: Re: Marriage Record Requests? Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:40 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Below is a link to my great grandparents pubblicazioni:
www.mofrad.net/Montalt...scan10.jpg

Seems like there was a little inbreeding in your comune too!

hide

#7: Re: Marriage Record Requests? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:31 pm
    ----
Excuse me Mr. Bianco?! Don't you descend from the same man like 20 times over? By the way, going back to the early 1700's there is no connection between my Napolitano's. If I could connect them, they would not be much closer than you and I are little cousin! Wink Razz

-> General Discussion Groups