Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with a translation please!!
-> Translations

#1: Help with a translation please!! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:01 pm
    ----
In 1990 when I was a freshman in College I wrote a letter to my great-great-grandmother's comune requesting her birth act and the marriage of her parents. I received her birth act (an extract of) but not the marriage act of her parents. When they sent me the birth act, they sent back my original letter and at the bottom typed the reason they could not send the marriage record of her parents. Can anyone tell me what they are saying here?

Thanks so much!!

Here is the scanned image:

My Letter to Comune di Serrastretta (CZ)

#2: Re: Help with a translation please!! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:45 am
    ----
"...we do not transmit the marriage certificate because the Civil State register can be consulted only after 1866".

Civil records are not available prior to 1866.

#3: Re: Help with a translation please!! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
"...we do not transmit the marriage certificate because the Civil State register can be consulted only after 1866".

Thank you Livio! I was hoping it said something like that. For some reason maybe the town does not posess the records prior to 1866. According to the LDS church, they were microfilmed back to 1809.

Confused

#4: Re: Help with a translation please!! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:

Thank you Livio! I was hoping it said something like that. For some reason maybe the town does not posess the records prior to 1866. According to the LDS church, they were microfilmed back to 1809.

Confused
maybe you got a new person that didnt know? Very Happy well can only hope, Also, since it was 18 years ago, You might want to try the request again! now everythings on the computer so they might have something, I hope Mr. Green

-> Translations