Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Email
-> Translations

#1: Email Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:40 pm
    ----
I received an email from a reader who would like to have this slogan tattooed on his arm:

Only God will judge me

Can someone translate it into Italian for me?

Thanks

#2: Re: Email Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:43 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
I received an email from a reader who would like to have this slogan tattooed on his arm:

Only God will judge me

Can someone translate it into Italian for me?

Thanks

Sounds like this guy....

Quote::
XXXXXXXX wrote:
can you tell me what this means "soltanto il dio giudichera"
or "solo dio sara il giudice" or "soltanto dio essere giudice"

"only God will judge"

"only God will be the judge"

" God alone to be judge"

The first two are OK - the third is poor grammar.

That would be better to say "soltanto Dio può essere il giudice"
"God alone would be the judge!"


But this one "Only God will judge me" would be:

Soltanto il Dio mi giudicherà

#3: Re: Email Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:01 am
    ----
I'll say:
Soltanto Dio mi giudicherà (literal meaning) or
Soltanto Dio mi potrà giudicare or
Soltanto il Signore mi potrà giudicare

Luca

P.S.
Ma non è meglio scriverlo su un ciondolo che su un braccio? Shocked

#4: Re: Email Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:50 am
    ----
Luca wrote:
Ma non è meglio scriverlo su un ciondolo che su un braccio? Shocked

Si!!! Shocked

#5: Re: Email Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Luca wrote:
Ma non è meglio scriverlo su un ciondolo che su un braccio? Shocked

Si!!! Shocked

Well these days 'anything goes' I guess. And he could lose a bracelet!

I must admit that some tattoo's these days are quite amazing though! Very Happy



-> Translations

All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1