Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Alitalia afloat?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Alitalia afloat? Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:31 am
    ----
Can any of our Italian members or seasoned travelers tell me about the status of Alitalia? Has the government saved it from collapse? I am interested in purchasing tickets soon but do not want to be left in limbo if it goes out of business.

#2: Re: Alitalia afloat? Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:01 pm
    ----
The government is working on that, but nothing has been done yet. Confused
So Alitalia is not saved from collapse yet. Sad

#3: Re: Alitalia afloat? Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:34 pm
    ----
Thanks, Simy! I will hope for the best so I can buy my tickets!

#4: Re: Alitalia afloat? Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:59 am
    ----
You're welcome! Wink
I'll keep you posted.

I'm sad to say that, but if there are not good news soon, I suggest you to check for other companies, because there could be unexpected strikes. Confused

Meantime, I'm checking AirCanada prices for my next trip... hide
Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: Alitalia afloat? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:57 pm
    ----
goganga wrote:

Meantime, I'm checking AirCanada prices for my next trip... hide
Rolling Eyes

Mr. Green Mr. Green

#6: Re: Alitalia afloat? Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:32 pm
    ----
Alitalia, Air Canada, American, United...
Problems, problems!

Now we will have to pay 15.00 US for the first bag we check in, and 25.00
for the second.

OK, I travel with a small one, max. 20 pounds-= 9 kilos. Dressed for the trip I check at 120 pounds = 54.540 kilos. The right weight for my height, on the slender side. Not that easy to maintain!

So adding the 9 kilos= 20 pounds, my impact on the extra gas/cost calculated total = 63 kilos. How much gas/cost?

The reason for the extra charge is extra weight, extra gas, OK = I pay. But I see a lot of people - some young, some old carrying a good 75 to 80 kilos of weight! I am talking about people my size! Are they paying extra? NO!

Do you know that now they only offer 9 peanuts. Cut down weight! In the plane and ours!

What do you guys think? Should I pay extra? Is it Fair? Mr. Green

Aether Wink

#7: Re: Alitalia afloat? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:52 am
    ----
If you fly you are definitely going to pay. My daughter was going to fly down to visit rather than drive since the price of fuel had gotten so high (she drives one of those SUVs). All things being equal it was not cheaper to fly rather than drive. They came out about the same in cost. The only savings was time.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups