Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Ancestry Free Database
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Ancestry Free Database Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:43 pm
    ----
I just received my newsletter from ancestry and they are celebrating Memorial Day by offering free access to their Military Database Collection from May 20-May 31.

Enjoy!

#2: Re: Ancestry Free Database Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:46 pm
    ----
WOO HOO!! Thanks Nooch!!

#3: Re: Ancestry Free Database Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:21 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia

#4: Re: Ancestry Free Database Author: lotus45tiyeLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:33 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info Nuccia! Have been coping records all last night and today from WWI and WWII. I have noted however, that there are no records for younger members of my families, namely my dad, uncles, father in law, etc., seems to be showing only records for the older generations and they also want you to answer a survey. Still a good thing.

#5: Re: Ancestry Free Database Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm
    ----
There might be an privacy issue about releasing info based upon the age of the data; there was also a major fire at the Military Records Center in St. Louis which destroyed a lot of documents

-> General Discussion Groups