Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:56 pm
    ----
necklace wise or other. the saint is Sant'Innocenzo he is the patron saint of Grassano any help is greatly appreciated

NOTE: i tried searching the web and keep coming up with Nothing Sad thank you for the help

#2: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:46 pm
    ----
stevenspringer,

Am just checking with a friend now who is very religious and even he is having a hard time. Perhaps you could write to a church in Grassano with a small donation and see if they will sent it to you. I know people who have done this before..

These are some churches I found while doing a quick search..

Chiesa di Santa Maria della Neve Church of St. Mary of the Snows
Chiesa della Madonna del Carmine Church of Our Lady of Mount Caramel
Chiesa Madre dedicata a San Giovanni Battista (XVII secolo) Cathedral Church dedicated to St. John the Baptist

Hopefully some one has some other ideas.

#3: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:06 pm
    ----
those are churches in Grassano Nuccia? Smile thanks for the help

#4: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:08 pm
    ----
i found my info on here

en.comuni-italiani.it/...index.html

#5: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:42 am
    ----
Steve, I found this on St. Innocent, the patron of Grassano: membres.lycos.fr/abone.../index.htm

At least this will help you narrow down which St. Innocent you are looking for because it appears that there are several St. Innocents/ Your saint is Innocenzo of Tebaide, a Roman soldier born in 303.

#6: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 am
    ----
PS: I found this address for the festival committee in Grassano. Surely they would know where you could get a medal.

Comitato Festa Patronale 75014 Grassano (Mt) Italia

Ok I SUPPOSE I should start working, right?

Last edited by Poipu04 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:54 am
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:

Ok I SUPPOSE I should start working, right?

No.why spoil a good thing? kiss

#8: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:30 am
    ----
thanks for the help Smile

#9: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:44 pm
    ----
I'm not sure where you live but some of the larger Catholic stores may sell them.

#10: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:14 pm
    ----
Saint Peter's gift shop carries many medals. Do you have someone in
Rome to go there?
Also, the parish church must have for sure. And, they need donations!

Sophia Wink

#11: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:15 pm
    ----
Not all Saints have medallions or statues or items like that. The Patron Saint of my town has only a small card with her official picture on it. Unless you know for sure there is something available you may be asking for something that doesn't exist.

#12: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:15 pm
    ----
if something doesnt exist id like to have something for the saint, card too, but i cant even find that on him Sad

#13: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 pm
    ----
After a lot of hunting on an Italian website I found these photos of processions for Sant'Innocenzo and Sant Rocco (?)...

Open this page, click on 'Processione' on the top bar and then scroll down.

<Foto di Grassano<

This is the only page on this fairly old site that shows religeous photos, but there are plenty of others. The whole site seems to be written in dialect...

Hope it is useful Steven

#14: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:11 pm
    ----
sant rocco is patron saint of Grottole (maybe more), sant innocenzo is the patron saint of the little town of Grassano Smile at one point, Grassano was in the "county" of Potenza, now it is in the county of Matera

#15: Re: anyone know where i can find this Saint medallion Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:34 pm
    ----
Hi Steve,

I'm going to ask my priest after mass on sunday if he can order or he knows where you can order something. He seems to be able to pull rabbits out of his hat, maybe he can do it for Sant Innocenzo too! I'll let you know on Sunday if I have any luck.

-> General Discussion Groups