Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: well, this is what i got back :(
-> Translations

#1: well, this is what i got back :( Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:25 am
    ----
In riferimento alle Vostre Richieste del 13/05/2008, si comunica che da accertamenti effetuati nei registri di stato civile di questo comune, non risultano i nominativi dei trisavoli negli anni da Voi indicati

i understood No results, but thats about it Sad i dont know my great great great grandfathers birth year or around what time. My great great grandfather was born in 1877, i put down 1854 for birth year and got nothing :(... can someone tell me what else this says? thanks in advance Crying or Very sad

#2: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:12 am
    ----
It basically says that in reference to your request dated 13/5/2008, and after checking the state civil records (marriage) in the comune, there appears to be no one in the years requested by you.

(Ok..really rough translation but its a negative reply).

Why don't you try requesting his death act? Is there any thing you have that gives you a clue when he died? After 1877? What was the year the last child was born? Do you have copies of your great great grandfather marriage? Does it say his dad was still alive or dead? Try to narrow things down...then you can ask them to do a ten year search on his death.

#3: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
It basically says that in reference to your request dated 13/5/2008, and after checking the state civil records (marriage) in the comune, there appears to be no one in the years requested by you.

(Ok..really rough translation but its a negative reply).

Why don't you try requesting his death act? Is there any thing you have that gives you a clue when he died? After 1877? What was the year the last child was born? Do you have copies of your great great grandfather marriage? Does it say his dad was still alive or dead? Try to narrow things down...then you can ask them to do a ten year search on his death.

I have Birth Certificates, (not full ones) and I dont know if My great great great grandfather had any kids other then my great great grandfather (thats what i was hoping to find) Only thing i have pertaining to the name is on my great great grandfathers birth cert. it has him listed as the father.

If you dont mind, Please make a list of things I should request and I shall request them Smile

all the documents i have are located here

springergenealogy.goog...om/Dilenge

#4: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
Hi

Do you have your great great grandfathers actual birth act? If you do it should list his fathers name and his fathers age. Subtract that from 1877 and then request the birth act for your GGG grandfather. I'd still give a range of years for the registrar to search. For example.......GG grandfather born 1877, lists his fathers age as 27.....so give a range of years from 1848 to 1852 for the registrar to search.

I think your best bet is to get the integral copy of your GG grandfather since you know the year, get his fathers info and then make a request.

#5: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:25 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Hi

Do you have your great great grandfathers actual birth act? If you do it should list his fathers name and his fathers age. Subtract that from 1877 and then request the birth act for your GGG grandfather. I'd still give a range of years for the registrar to search. For example.......GG grandfather born 1877, lists his fathers age as 27.....so give a range of years from 1848 to 1852 for the registrar to search.

I think your best bet is to get the integral copy of your GG grandfather since you know the year, get his fathers info and then make a request.

yep i know now i have to get the ACTs. they have only been sending me extracts instead of the whole thing Sad neclord

#6: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:47 pm
    ----
Just an FYI. I have requested acts (I was very specific in asking for the pubblicazioni records and the atti di matrimonio record). I received an extract of the information I gave them!! Shocked

#7: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:58 pm
    ----
I think the form letters that are available on many sites have something to do with many people receiving the extracts. They do not say otherwise so I sent one request out three times before Riccardo told me what to write. I finally got the correct records in less than a month. This is why I always recommend posting your request in English on the board, and letting someone translate it properly...we are lucky we have so many here that can do this for us. Smile

#8: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:21 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
I think the form letters that are available on many sites have something to do with many people receiving the extracts. They do not say otherwise so I sent one request out three times before Riccardo told me what to write. I finally got the correct records in less than a month. This is why I always recommend posting your request in English on the board, and letting someone translate it properly...we are lucky we have so many here that can do this for us. Smile
thats what i use to write the letters, thats probably why they send me the extracts instead Sad

#9: Re: well, this is what i got back :( Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:17 pm
    ----
I dont know if these comunes will do a 10 year search.

I always felt that my grandfather was the 3rd son. The reasons for this are

1)the parents had a daughter first, 9 months after they married

2)the next child I have for the family is my grandfather with a 9 year age difference

3)this branch of the family seems to have stuck to the naming tradition. My grandfather was born on st anthonys day..his name was anthony.

Ok..so by sticking to the naming tradition..I thought I would be looking for a michele and pasquale.

I ballparked the births, sent a little cash (like I always did for fast results) and sent it on to them.

I dont know if they figured out what I was trying to do, or what..but they sent me my cash back saying they didnt do searches, I needed the year.

That ended that...lol

-> Translations