Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: CASALNUOVO DI NAPOLI - possible birth location
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: CASALNUOVO DI NAPOLI - possible birth location Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:00 am
    ----
When I received baptism records for several children of my great grandmother and great grandfather, her place of origination was listed as "Castellamare di Napoli". Again, as with my great grandfather's death record I could not locate a town or village by that name and again with Italian Land Finder, a variation of that was listed as Casalnuovo di Napoli.

I have the same question as on my earlier post, should I write to this town/village to see if there are records for her?

And again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

lilbees

#2: Re: CASALNUOVO DI NAPOLI - possible birth location Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:14 am
    ----
Some of the town names in Italy have been changed.

What I did when I thought that was my problem, was wrote to the national archives, map division, to see if they had a map for around that time period. This was about 15 years ago. I recall they did send me a copy of a map which I was able to compare to a newer map..and indeed, that was my problem..the name was changed. I cant recall, if they charged me for the copy or not.

#3: Re: CASALNUOVO DI NAPOLI - possible birth location Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 am
    ----
Thank you for the suggestion. It is appreciated. Will send out a request today. Maybe that will help.

lilbees

#4: Re: CASALNUOVO DI NAPOLI - possible birth location Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:05 am
    ----
lilbees wrote:
When I received baptism records for several children of my great grandmother and great grandfather, her place of origination was listed as "Castellamare di Napoli". Again, as with my great grandfather's death record I could not locate a town or village by that name and again with Italian Land Finder, a variation of that was listed as Casalnuovo di Napoli.

I have the same question as on my earlier post, should I write to this town/village to see if there are records for her?

And again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

lilbees
Could it be "Castellamare di Stabbia"?? it is just south of Napoli at the southern end of the Bay of Naples ------ It could be (or maybe - used to be) part of Naples

#5: Re: CASALNUOVO DI NAPOLI - possible birth location Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:56 am
    ----
Thank you to everyone who has tried to help. The only record I haven't requested from any of these places is the military record for my great great grandfather or great grandfather. With only an approximate birth year could a search for service records be done? If so I will write for the information. Maybe it will give me some leads.

Is there a form letter or something similar I could use?

I would need the addresses for the Archivio di Stato di Napoli and Archivio di Stato di Salerno.

lilbees

#6: Re: CASALNUOVO DI NAPOLI - possible birth location Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:46 pm
    ----
Check here for Italian State Archive Addresses..

www.gentedimareitalian...hives.html

-> General Discussion Groups