Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: ancestry webinar
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: ancestry webinar Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm
    ----
July 1, webinar on www.ancestry.com re: Italian records:

event.on24.com/eventRe...e=register

#2: Re: ancestry webinar Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:42 pm
    ----
I just wish we could known when they will be getting the records for other italian regions. I would pay any price, to access the records for the towns that start too early at the FHL.

#3: Re: ancestry webinar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:16 pm
    ----
Well I just signed up and am really looking forward to it! Thanks for posting the link!

#4: Re: ancestry webinar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:19 am
    ----
For those of you that signed up for the webcast don't forget its on tonight at 8 pm..

Italian Ancestry - Part of the Ethnic Ancestry Seminar Series

Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Time: 8:00 PM EDT
Duration: 60-minutes

event.on24.com/eventRe...e=register
Audience members may arrive 15-minutes in advance of this time. Attend the webcast at the link provided above.

SPECIAL NOTE: This presentation is designed to be viewed using a high-speed connection. If you will be using a dial-up connection, the slides may load too slowly to keep up with the presentation. If you are using a dial-up connection, we recommend that you download the slides prior to the start of the meeting and follow along using these slides. To do this, click “Launch Presentation” 15 minutes before the start of the webinar and then click “Skip Preloading.” Once the page opens, click “Download Slides” at the bottom of the page. If you are using this method to view the presentation, you will need to click through the slides as they will not automatically advance for you.

Important: System Setup & Compatibility Check

Test the computer that you will be using the day of the webcast and make sure you have the minimum technical requirements to attend this webcast. Allow sufficient time prior to the webcast for this test. Test at webcast.on24.com/view/...ehelp.html

#5: Re: ancestry webinar Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:37 am
    ----
Well, I forgot to register! Can you believe it??? Nuccia, tell us how it was. Wink

#6: Re: ancestry webinar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:52 pm
    ----
It was ok..a lot of information was covered in just 60 minutes so that part was a bit disappointing. It started with doing the US part of your research and then continued into researching Italian records. That was interesting but again, a bit too quick unfortunately. What I thought was good was the actual slides of documents (Italian Civil Records, and some Parish as well). Since almost 80 per cent of the viewers had never seen or done any type of research with records, it gave them a taste of what to expect.

I believe the webcast is archived so it will be available..I will try and find out the link and post it here. Hopefully you can view the summary.

#7: Re: ancestry webinar Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:13 pm
    ----
Thanks, Nuccia. Did anyone ask them when they will be getting more Southern Italian docs?

#8: Re: ancestry webinar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:38 pm
    ----
Unfortunately not. The webcast ran too long and there wasn't time for more than a few questions. Sad

#9: Re: ancestry webinar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:20 am
    ----
Here is the link to the webcast archive:

event.on24.com/eventRe...d=17361234

Hope you can view it!

#10: Re: ancestry webinar Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:55 am
    ----
I can't wait to watch it! Thanks for the link. Smile

#11: Re: ancestry webinar Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:32 pm
    ----
Thank you too, Nuccia!

#12: Re: ancestry webinar Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:33 pm
    ----
No problem..Hope you both can view it! Let me know what you think. Smile

#13: Re: ancestry webinar Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:39 am
    ----
I attended the Webinar and enjoyed the presentation. I did download the slides and have printed them off. They will be very helpful in my research. Having the link to the webcast available is great. I have many books but this seemed simpler to understand.

lilbees
lilbees

#14: Re: ancestry webinar Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:43 am
    ----
I watched it and one of the Instructors (Suzanne Russo Adams) is a friend and you might notice used quite a few images she found on my www.cariniexchange.com website!

I thought for an introduction to Italian Genealogy it covered all of the bases A-Z. It could have easily been a 2 Hour program, they had to speed through some things I thought could have used a bit more time.

They should do more of these!

#15: Re: ancestry webinar Author: debbthLocation: Agassiz, BC PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:46 pm
    ----
I agree with you, James. At least we can review the presentation as much as we want. I'm sure I will pick up on more of the information each time I watch it.

Debbie

-> General Discussion Groups