Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Would appreciate your ideas here
-> Central Italy

#1: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:15 pm
    ----
I have just received a film at FHC for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido.
This is the first time I have ordered a 'Processetti'
I had already found the date of marriage of my G.Grandfather so this time I knew I had ordered the correct film and I was surprised at the information I found:-

It contained the birth acts of both my G.Grandparents (they came from different comunes) and the death act for my G.Grandmother's father and also the death act for my G.Grandmother's Grandfather!

It also stated on my G.Grandfather's birth act that both his parents were dead but it didnt include the death acts for them- could I be correct in thinking the reason for their death acts not being included was the fact they may have died in Acquafondata and these other death records were for people who lived in Sant'Elia where my G.Grandparents were being married?

It lists my G.G.G.Grandfather's name as Emmonagildo - but the writing is poor so I may have made a mistake in the spelling because I havent come across that Christian name before? Any suggestions?

One other thing that puzzled me is that on my G.Grandmother's father's death act (My G.G.grandfather) it list his father's name as Emmonagildo and his mother's name as Caterina- (perhaps I'm wrong here?)

Antonio Fionda died 1843 9th November 11pm age 50.
husband of Felicia Rossi figlio di Emmonagildo Fionda e di Caterina Serra (Sorra)?

so I take it that Emmonagildo and Caterina were Antonio's mother and father.

BUT on Emmonagildo's death act it states-
Emmonogildo Fionda died 11 August 1840 marito di Maria Facione?
figlio del fu Mariantonio Fionda e della fu Luccia Cece

Could this mean that Emmonagildo could have been married twice?
but there doesnt seem to be any mention of him marrying twice on the records. If he had been married twice would this definatley been put on the death act?

Although a bit confused I'm really facinated by all this information I now seem to have the names of two of my G.G.G.G.Grandparents just think how far back this is for my grandchildren - WOW!! difficult to get my head round all this!! Smile

Sorry this post is a bit long

Emmy

#2: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:41 pm
    ----
Emmy -- that is INCREDIBLE.... I bet you are so excited.

To get so much information when you least expected it. Great! giornale

#3: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 pm
    ----
emmy, can you post the images of those records here? Something doesn't add up...

#4: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:01 pm
    ----
Emmy wrote:
It lists my G.G.G.Grandfather's name as Emmonagildo
Il nome esatto è sicuramente Ermenegildo

figlio del fu Mariantonio Fionda e della fu Luccia (Lucia) Cece

Si, potrebbe essere
but there doesnt seem to be any mention of him marrying twice on the records. If he had been married twice would this definatley been put on the death act?
Non necessariamente

Ciao
Luca

#5: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:24 pm
    ----
Luca wrote:
Emmy wrote:
It lists my G.G.G.Grandfather's name as Emmonagildo
Il nome esatto è sicuramente Ermenegildo
"The exact name is definately Ermenegildo"

figlio del fu Mariantonio Fionda e della fu Luccia (Lucia) Cece

Si, potrebbe essere "Yes that could be the case"
Non necessariamente "Not necessarily"

Ciao
Luca

#6: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone
Carole yes I was excited but what surprised me is just how much I'm now able to understand when I'm reading the documents. But I still have many 'teething problems' and as you can guess from this post I still get confused.

Nuccia I havent tried taking a photograph of them yet I left my camera at home on Tuesday Sad but I need to use one of the other 'machines' to get a better image so I may just have to go in on another day to do this but the actual film isnt very good but I'll post it if I manage to get it done)

Luca THANK YOU for the correct spelling of the name.

I think you wrote that you were quite sure the correct spelling was Ermenegildo.

Just checking to find out if I have understood this part correctly.
Quote::
Si, potrebbe essere
It's possible he could have married twice

Quote::
Non necessariamente

He could have been married twice even although its not on the certificate

Many many thanks for your help.
kiss Emmy

#7: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole
You must have been mind reading kiss
I must have been busy typing when you were posting I'm busy giving myself a pat on the back because from your post I seemed to have understood Luca's message correctly.
kiss kiss
Emmy

#8: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 am
    ----
All I can say is "WOW". I would like to think I would be so lucky.........................

lilbees

#9: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:06 pm
    ----
Congrats Emmy!!! Great news! I have my 2 cents worth to put in here but will have to wait until work is over.... hide

#10: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
Thanks Lilbees
I was lucky wasnt I
I managed to get to the FHC today and took a few photographs of the death records
I almost had them all posted here then something happened at imageshack and because I hadnt saved what I had posted I lost the lot and am having to begin again so this time I will post each record separately!!
The first two are from Antonio's (Fionda) death record (my G.G.Grandfather)
On this record it says his father was Ermenegildo Fionda and his mother was Caterina Sorra/Serra?

The next one is from Ermenegildo's death record where its states -marito di Maria Facione Perhaps I have got it wrong but some other pairs of eyes would help a lot Smile

#11: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:27 pm
    ----

#12: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:33 pm
    ----

AT LAST! Imageshack has been trying to drive me crazy!!

Hope you can read the images
Emmy

#13: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:40 pm
    ----
I cant see any mention of the age Ermenegildo was when he died. Have I missed it?
Emmy

Looking forward to what you have to say Cathy Very Happy kiss
Emmyxx

#14: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:44 pm
    ----
Emmy, Are you 'registered' with Image Shack? If you are you can open ALL the images you have loaded using their uploads.

When you open Image Shack to browse and find an image, along the top, just under the Frog you will see an orange navigation bar... click on 'My Images' and it will allow you to scroll down to ALL the images you have ever done!!!

#15: Re: Would appreciate your ideas here Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:47 pm
    ----
I see the same thing you see Em. And if you noticed on the last document you posted the person that went to register the death was Giovanni Serra (which I thought was interesting).

-> Central Italy