Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:33 pm
    ----
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sc...459578.stm

#2: Re: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 pm
    ----
Good article! Thanks Steven!

#3: Re: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:20 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:

Interesting. Pity that Dr.Joshua Lederberg, a Geneticist, Nobel Laureate at Stanford has died. I certainly would love to hear his opinion on this article. And of course his sharp sense of humor...

Sophia Wink

#4: Re: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:27 am
    ----
Aether wrote:
nuccia wrote:

Interesting. Pity that Dr.Joshua Lederberg, a Geneticist, Nobel Laureate at Stanford has died. I certainly would love to hear his opinion on this article. And of course his sharp sense of humor...

Sophia Wink

I am not too familiar with the whole DNA thing although there is a lot of talk about it these days. Its seems to be coming more and more popular. Several of our members have had it done and I sometimes wonder if its something I should look into.

I would like to hear more about Dr. J. Lederberg. Was he a friend of yours?

#5: Re: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:47 am
    ----
Nuccia,

He was a notable geneticist, Nobel Laureate , a member of the Stanford University faculty. I had the honor of meeting Dr.L., already retired, if such scientist ever retires!

I certainly would like to hear his opinion on the sprouting everywhere of DNA research.
It is something that everybody should consider, myself included. But ...

However, too many commercial outfits are very busy with DNA research these days... how many qualified labs and scientists?

Well, first research the research Lab.

Sophia

#6: Re: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:17 pm
    ----
I am an adoptee, fascinating!

Thanks Steven Smile

#7: Re: Male Adoptees use DNA to find surname Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:09 pm
    ----
found it as a cool thing... My grandmother was adopted, I wonder if theres something i can find through that Wink i tried to get adoption records, but since she was born in 1938 i had to write a letter to the judge and he hasnt replied Sad

-> General Discussion Groups