Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help on Italian names
-> Translations

#1: Help on Italian names Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 am
    ----
I received this extract yesterday. I'm helping one of my cousins gather information on his grandparents on his father's side of the family; he and I share the Dragotto side. I'm having difficulty with the father's given name in the extract.

img75.imageshack.us/im...281fe0.jpg

#2: Re: Help on Italian names Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:27 am
    ----
Tom,
Looks like Giocomo (Giacomo) to me. In this day and age I do not understand why they don't digitalize these extracts and type in the blanks!

#3: Re: Help on Italian names Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:57 am
    ----
Yes, Cathy, digitizing would be nice on the extracts. Giacomo fits with the information on the passenger list when Leonarda Inzerillo emigrated to the US in 1920 from Trapani. She states that she is leaving her father Giacomo Inzerillo. It also helps to explain my Uncle "Jack's" name as well since he was the second oldest male in his family although his birth certificate has his given name recorded as Grasamo!

#4: Re: Help on Italian names Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:20 pm
    ----
Yes I would say it's definately Giacomo.... kiss

-> Translations