Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need Help with Passport Information
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Need Help with Passport Information Author: britolaLocation: New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:37 pm
    ----
Hello board:

I'm hoping you can help me yet again.
On ancestry.com, I recently located a manifest for the SS Constitution, arriving at the port of NY on 15 Sept 1952, on which were two potential famly leads, Lorenzo Fraiese of 315 5th St., Jersey City (age 70), and his brother Francesco of 222 Summit Ave (age 58). These men were cousins of my great grandfather, Angelo Rotolo/Ruotolo.

On the manifest are U.S. passport numbers for each:
Lorenzo Fraiese: 625510
Francesco Fraiese: 627322

I've tried using ancestry.com to find their passport applications, but have come up empty. I am in the process of requesting Lorenzo's naturalization papers, but they will take some time.

Is there any other way of locating this information? Since both gentlemen lived in Jersey City I am assuming they applied for the passport in NJ, but I suppose it's possible they applied in NY.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Barbara giornale

#2: Re: Need Help with Passport Information Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:01 pm
    ----
Hi Barbara,

The passport apps on Ancestry end on 31 Mar 1925; since the Fraiese brothers traveled in 1952, it's likely their passports were issued post 1925. For copies of post March 1925 passports, you need to contact the Department of State. A bit pricey at $60 a copy.
travel.state.gov/passp...s_872.html

Biff

#3: Re: Need Help with Passport Information Author: britolaLocation: New Jersey, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:26 pm
    ----
Thanks, Biff.
I think for now I'll stick with working on the Naturalization request to Hudson County. It's a bit more in my price range. Wink
Thanks again.

-> Where do I begin?