Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Good book
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Good book Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:10 pm
    ----
Ok, first my disclaimer is that this is not intended in any way to be pro or con any political candidate and should not be construed as an endorsement. I just read Obama's book Dreams of My Father www.amazon.com/Dreams-...1400082773

What struck me from a family history point of view is that the last part of the book is about how he returned to Africa to meet his long lost relatives and visit his ancestral homes. One of the themes is that you don't know who you are until you appreciate where you have come from and the struggles of your ancestors. Although I am Italian, it reminded me of the same feelings when I visited my grandmother's town in Italy. I did not "get it" about the strength and struggles of our people until I saw it with my own eyes. So, this book, especially the last 100 pages or so would be of interest to people who like family history.

#2: Re: Good book Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:27 pm
    ----
I am always looking for a good book and this sounds like something I would be interested in very much. Thanks, I've bookmarked the page.

-> General Discussion Groups